This is a copy of my post over on Seloc (Linky) - I've posted it here in the hope it may help others planning something similar (Honda is about 20kg heavier on the back drivers side)
Well this is probably opening up a can of worms, and give more different answers but ....
I feel the need for some 1 Way Nitron 46's for my S2 Honda ( I guess around 810-820 kg) - so what spring rates should I look at? (Currently on the Bilsteins (200/285?) which I feel are no good and too soft at the back).
Another S2 Honda on here was corner weighted at
F L = 168 kg
F R = 144.5kg
R L = 263 kg
R R = 236 kg
I've spoken to Nitron, both Guy and a girl (who I think has since left) and as per usual - I keep getting different answers.
Hopefully the following will also help anyone else considering 46's.
Nitron said the following
* No need for lock rings - can cause corrosion, use a blob of silicon, or some threadlock.
* No need for Adj eye ends unless its a race car and you want to tune the suspension more so.
* Valving is the same between Fast Road & Track Day, so pretty generic
* S2 2013 spec has helpers on all 4 corners
* Might be an idea to use the Nitron grease and o ring kit
Spring rates: (S2)
Fast Road = 400 / 475
Track Day = 450 / 525
Honda add =25-50/ 75-100 more than these depending on Fast road or Track focused.
Guy suggested 'trying something like' 450 / 525 or maybe a bit higher
Although at the time, I had in my head 475 / 550-575
New springs are £60 a corner with the hassle of refitting and re-geo etc - so I'd like to get this pretty close first time.
What will I use it for?
* I want to do around 8 track days a year,
* Be reasonably comfortable on the road (similar to present),
* Not have problems in the wet, (because its too hard etc - in this country its probably better to factor in its always wettish)
* I will be running 195/205 & 225's tyres (AD08/R888/A048)
* NMB Toelinks
* Want a compromise between Fast road & Track Day, without making it a pain to use on the road (must still be fun on the road and ok in the wet).
So, who has a S2 Honda, preferably with 46's or an S2 with 46's and
1. What spring rates do you run?
2. What ride heights (if you know)?
3. Would you change the rates, given the chance?
Here is a starter of what I've gleaned / been told so far:
Damurphster ...... 400 / 525 – Honda: Guy said 400 / 525 for fast road Honda
Dipper ........... 425 / 550 - Honda: Spot on for road use, no TD yet.
Russelld ......... 450 / 500 - VHPD: Dynamics 2 ways
Guy recommended .. 450 / 525 – Honda: for Fast road/Track still good in the wet
JonnyFox ......... 450 / 550 - Yota: 46 2 way Ohlins. Bump 10 Rebound 18 (wet or dry) 799kg
Muu has .......... 500 / 600 – SC Honda: maybe a touch soft on track might be damping
DR H ............. 500 / 600 – SC Honda: wouldn’t change it - (I'm sure it feels fine in the garage )
MilesH ........... 400 / 475 – Honda: (770kg) much happier, uses road tyres on track
Turnamere ........ 400 / 475 - Rover turbo
SIMT ............. 450 / 525 – Rover: Thinks could have gone higher
Stimpy ........... 500 / 550 - Honda: wants to go firmer 625 or 525 / 650
X27EVE ........... 500 / 650 – 111s: Brilliant ride on road (-2Rear, full soft front)
I'll update the above list as ppl comment
Comments / views / experience of these shocks/settings please ... ta
NumbnutzMember Since 24 Aug 2007
Offline Last Active Today, 09:25 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 150
- Profile Views 768
- Member Title Old Timer
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday May 23
Elise S2 111s
Honda Gear Knob!