litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Pjs Sports Cars - Lotus Authorised Service Centre

There's a new Official Lotus Authorised Service Centre in town, has anyone been yet?

PJS Lotus opened their new premises in Burton upon Trent in January 2017. They now offer Lotus authorised servicing, warranty work as well as parts for new and used Lotus Cars. Paul Shipley, the owner of PJS Lotus, has built up a great reputation through his service, repair and restoration business and which led to the development of the new premises and eventual appointment by Lotus Cars. The new premises has been opened to meet the demands of their expanding business and the wider variety of services now on offer....

Race Car preparation

Lotus Approved Servicing

Restoration

Lotus Approved Parts supplier

Track day preparation

3D Wheel alignment

Some of you will remember them at Lotus in the Peak last year, they were the guys with the Lotus Elan 26R and if you won one of the trophies, it was sponsored by them! If any MLOC members want to call in for a look around we're more than welcome, they're a friendly bunch and know their stuff!

You can find out more here:

www.pjslotus.co.uk

Tel. 01283 500428

Unit 4, Block 5

Lancaster Park

Needwood

Burton upon Trent

DE13 9PD

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brand new member here! Just bought a 2002 Elise from them on Monday, brilliant service and all of them were more than happy to indulge me wandering around their workshop and asking questions. Couldn't be more happy with the level of support they offered and gave. Will keep taking it back to them, got to keep up that full lotus service history =)

post-6010-0-74852600-1489247869_thumb.jpeg

Brand new member here! Just bought a 2002 Elise from them on Monday, brilliant service and all of them were more than happy to indulge me wandering around their workshop and asking questions. Couldn't be more happy with the level of support they offered and gave. Will keep taking it back to them, got to keep up that full lotus service history =)

Welcome to MLOC Ben :-)

Winthattt

Good point re Tollbar going/gone where now?

Legs

Completely gone, no truck or signs, just an empty building. Michael must be if retirement age. He was building a very nice Lotus FF so he may have a private workshop.

Keith

I’m going to be needing someone to service and maintain my recently acquired Evora so PJS Sports Cars setting up less than an hour’s drive away looked to be the ideal candidate. So, after a quick call on Friday to check it would be okay I had a scenic drive over on Saturday morning to meet Paul Shipley in his new premises.

Paul was most welcoming, with the offer of a drink as soon as I arrived. The first thing I noticed in reception was the MLOC calendar and LitP poster so we were off to a great start already thumbs_up.gif He also has a selection of Lotus merchandising to tempt us with too.

For the next hour Paul happily showed me round the workshop, enthusing about the various restoration projects he has on the go at present; with a Europa, Elan plus 2, Seven and even a Chevron single seat race car, all in various states of build.

Paul then went on to tell me about the training he and his team have all undergone at Hethel and the additional equipment they’ve needed to purchase in becoming a Lotus authorised service centre. In addition to the standard servicing Paul also has a 4 wheel laser alignment rig including corner weighting which will prove a bonus to the track day enthusiasts amongst us I’m sure. He aims to be competitive on servicing costs relative to other Lotus dealerships but obviously, with not being a new car dealership, won’t have shiny new demonstrators to try and tempt us with whilst our cars are there, which is probably a good thing laugh.png

He had a customer arrive with a S2 Exige whilst I was there so I bid Paul farewell at that point, but not before we took a few photos of mine outside of course 

All in all, well worth the visit and as others have said Paul comes across as a really genuine and knowledgeable bloke, I’ll have no hesitation in returning again when my Evora needs servicing.

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1678_LI.jpg

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1682_LI.jpg

IMG_1687_LI.jpg

IMG_1689_LI.jpg

There's only one Unit 4 in my world.... ;-)

But I wish them luck...

Gavs pricing and knowledge will take some beating. He's even started to make his favourite customers drinks and sandwiches... ;-) #allegedly

Archived