litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Introductions / S1 Exige Wanted

111EXG

Hi

I'm new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself. I've been a member over on exiges.com for a couple of years, but other than my scale models and purchasing an Exige themed number plate (sad I know) I'm yet to purchase my first Lotus.

post-5995-0-43727400-1484419372_thumb.jpg

Now finally in a position to seriously look for a S1 Exige (not a converted Elise). Preferably looking for one in black, but other colours considered. Will also consider any condition, original specification or modified, including Honda conversions etc. Ideally looking at circa £30k, but can increase where necessary for the right car!

Please let me know if you are thinking of selling or know any coming up for sale. I appreciate they don't often come up for sale, but I'm hoping to be lucky enough to find one!

Kevin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now if I need some motivation/justification to significantly up my budget, that would be it. Simply stunning, what a beauty you have there Cakes, Time for a change? ;)

Thanks for the welcome messages everyone :)

Now if I need some motivation/justification to significantly up my budget, that would be it. Simply stunning, what a beauty you have there Cakes, Time for a change? ;)

Thanks for the welcome messages everyone :)

Not at the moment I'm afraid. Personally I think you're going to have to up your budget, unless you are very lucky.

Welcome to MLOC, we're all very friendly here.

Regarding your requirement for an S1 Exige, they're stunning cars and you'll find one in your budget I suspect. The trouble is you'll need to spend x on it to get it right. Maybe it'd be better to up your allowance so the experience you get is better from the start.

You need to know that other forums may lead you to believe that your budget is more than enough as they're "simply not worth that". The market dictates they are and two parties are interested in mine at £38k (advertised at £39500). They're only going one way.

Kind regards,

Kurt

All good for you and I Cakes, not so great for people looking to buy. I still wish I'd bought mine when they went as low as £14k. I've watched the market from when they were 5 years old, it's been interesting (if you're into that kind of thing).

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here - have you driven one Kevin? Also, are you buying it to use (trackdays?) or more for collection?

I'll tell you why: I'm on my 3rd Lotus, and for me, my Exige was the least enjoyable of them all. They look the f***ing nuts, probably the best looking car I've ever owned, but I can't say I enjoyed it as much as my other two, they're just too compromised in my opinion. You've also now got the factor that the prices are rocketing, so you're paying a massive premium.

If you're buying one to drive, I really wouldn't rule out non-original ones, or converted ones. £30k+ buys you alot of Elise/Exige these days...... I suppose it's easy for me to say - like you I "had" to have a proper one, but back then they were £20k and not £30k+ in this current crazy car climate.

Either way, I'm just offering my 2p on the matter, YMMV, etc. Oddly enough, whenever I see one, I have the urge to buy another, despite my unsuccessful ownership ;)

It depends how well they've been set up, what you are using it for and what you're comparing it too.

MattyB the fact that you want another says it all smile.png

True! If I did, I'd probably buy a cheaper Elise-conversion. Preferably with a Honda....

Archived