litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Tyres? These Look Cheap

keo

Hi everyone, my 111R currently has tge wrong size bridgestones on the front (205 wide) and bridgestones on the rear which are getting low. Being honest they would probably last me another year.

But i have seen these

https://www.eliseparts.com/products/show/78/480/full-set-of-4-yokohama-ad07-tyres/

Theg look far to cheap? Has anyone used eliseparts? I am very tempted to get them and have my wheels re furbed at the same.

It says they were standard on the 111R so they must be pretty good.

Any help/ opinions welcome. Thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very new to all this but I had a full set of AD08's fitted on my Elise S1 at my local garage costing £400 inc, and they weren't 3 years old, don't tyres degrade with age? I had R888's on when I bought it but won't ever track so changed to more road bias and even a life long van driver like me could tell the difference, so much better handling.

Might not be the best idea then.. What is the best alternative?

If they've been stored correctly, then they will be fine. Which I'm sure they will have. Who amongst us changes their tyres because of the manufacturing date and not because of tyre wear? I'm not talking oringinal Pirelli's!!

I am weary as i had a civic type r years ago, it drove horrible, was only 3 years old had its original tyres on which had plenty of tread on. They had gone hard though. I put 4 new tyres on it and it was like a different car. Couldn't believe the difference

That's pretty much what my guy said they harden no matter how they are stored, when on a car being used they react differently to when they just sit for years in storage, but hey who really knows? I can only speak from my own experiance

Daft question, would it be worth going Toyo 888's or similar semi slick? I don't drive my car in the rain. Might do a track day, but only really used in the nice weather and early morning run outs

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit of a newbie to this Evora ownership (3 days!) but they look like a great deal to me, I thought rears were normally around £250 each?

Archived