litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Selling My S1 Exige.

KurtB

I thought this day wouldn't happen. And its through choice! I've owned my S1 Exige for 6 years now (a record for me as my name has been on around 60 V5's), and through a little badgering via PM's I've decided to put my car on the market. If you'd spoken with me a fortnight ago, I'd have said not a chance but the huge prices that these cars seem to realise now got me scouring the classifieds, and then you realise what else your buck buys you and man maths kicks in. And I'm ever so fickle...

I'm really not bothered if it doesn't sell, as I have a lovely car that has consumed hours of my life with its looks! Ive stayed on top of maintenance, and its on the button. The biggest downside if it sells (I reckon it won't!!) will be leaving the Lotus community. I really like you guys (despite not seeing you all anywhere near enough), and I like our little network of forums (MLOC, SELOC, Exiges in that order), there's a real community spirit here on MLOC. 

Anyway, before I get the Kleenex out, the advert is in the classifieds. 

Cheers, Kurt.

post-4214-0-57986900-1484027507_thumb.jpg

post-4214-0-33403800-1484027536_thumb.jpg

post-4214-0-85852600-1484027614_thumb.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could tell you Scatty, but you'll hate me for it! Just lets say it's a bit more german than the Exige....

(I'm really getting a lot of positive interest, I honestly thought I'd be keeping it) GULP!

Kurt your car is lovely (and drives beautifully) but I suppose I can see why you might sell it if it's becoming too precious to drive.

I can see why it is generating interest - it isn't too far removed from factory spec but has that fabulous Scholar engine. As a classic car an Exige is better without too many mods imo.

Archived