litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Decided To Sell The Type 49

Phil S1

Ha ha Martin, no it's no April Fool but it's given me some sleepless nights reaching this point. As Leigh said though, the seed is now set, I will always have regrets that's for sure but it's time to move on.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil no :-(

No one else will pamper it like you have and it deserves that attention

Just buy an Evora as well :-)

I had initially planned to do just that Russ but it's not that practical really due to space limitations and selling the 49 helps the Evora budget of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Fish, fingers crossed I'll be in an Evora in the not too distant future :-)

Hi Phil, did you take a look at that Evora then?  Looked mint in the photos, at least.  I have to say that the SR does seem to be rock solid price wise, which is very good news for owners :-), but not so good for potential buyers :-(.

Let's just say for now there's a car with my name on it, but it's not a done deal yet...99.9% done maybe ;-)

You can't leave us hanging like this ;)

More details and don't forget plenty of pictures. 

You can't leave us hanging like this ;)

More details and don't forget plenty of pictures.

Sorry but you are going to have to hang for a while yet Alan I'm afraid, it's going to be another week at least before I actually get to see it in the flesh myself :-)

Well, as of last night I have accepted a deposit on my Type 49 from another Lotus and Type 49 enthusiast who as yet hasn't actually seen it in the flesh. Apart from my advert and photos he was also swayed in no small way by people's positive comments on here so a big thanks all for your support thumbs_up.gif

On Friday I also have a one way train ticket booked with the intention of returning in my new Lotus, also as yet unseen........slightly excited now smile.png

Archived