litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

3/4 Day Euro Trip

richbk

So for 3 years the son and heir has been badgering me to do a euro trip to include

reims, milieu bridge, stelvio or similar and some big tunnels.

Want to do it a little "wild" with a tent in the boot for impromptu camping but also think a comfy bed might appeal after 2/3 days hard driving.

does anyone have a route or any experiences to share on trips they have done.

is it feasible to do all this in 4 days on foreign soil ?

Cheers

Richbk

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reims is a Must rich.

We headed down to annecy dipping in and out of Switzerland then headed into Italy through monte blanc..... Some truly awesome roads.

The best I found funnily enough was a road heading West out of St tropez on our way down to Spain.... By far the best of the trip, low speed switch backs into real fast left / rights

This year I did Northern Spain through to Bruges via the Pyrenees and Alps, also taking in the Milieu bridge (incredible), Lake Como, Stelvio,  sections of the Black Forest.

Driving highlight was Col de Galibier,  Stelvio was neat but get up early. Black forest was also great.

3000+ miles on the continent in a 19 year old Elise, no problems other than the number plate slid off in the heat!

Archived