litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Member Saying Hi! - Sport160

dinglem

Yes! That's the fella. I liked him, he was good.

Sorry to continue off topic but do you remember a big race meet held indoors at the NEC in about 1984? I raced at that meet but the highlight was Bob Haro's freestyle demonstration.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey, that's going back a bit. I would only have been 9 or 10 at that time, so can't recall. Don't suppose you have any old photographs of that day do you?

What were you riding? Do you have any of your old BMX gear stashed away in your loft somewhere by any chance? Always looking to add to my collection.

Dean Bateson was the other main Birmingham WHEELS rider (and World Champion). They also had Anthony Sewell on the team, Simon Lawther, Scott Beaumont and Anthony Butt. Ant actually did the L2B charity ride with us last month.

Scott is still riding and is now heavily into the Mountain Biking scene. I have his old team bike in fact, almost rebuilt now, complete with race plate.

post-5964-0-08718500-1476433993_thumb.jpg

post-5964-0-54249300-1476434059_thumb.jpg

post-5964-0-62383700-1476434079_thumb.jpg

My BMX bike history is Puch Murray, Mongoose (with the frame gusset), Falcon Aero, SE Quadangle and finally GT Pro Performer (original model). I wish I still had my bikes or gear but sadly not although I may still have my Derby BMX Club freestyle team shirt somewhere. If it's any use to your collection you can have it. They weren't available to buy you had to be on the team!

Anthony Butt's name rings a bell.

Nice frame progression. The Quadangle is a bit of a holy grail bike for many these days. if you ended up with a GT then you must remember Eddie Fiola.

Would love the top - I'll send you a message buddy clap.gif

I'm sorry, I appear to have logged on to the Midlands BMX owners club forum by mistake, does anyone know where the MLOC forum has gone? ;-)

Phil, did i ever mention a bike i had? It had a basket on the front    :)

Nice frame progression. The Quadangle is a bit of a holy grail bike for many these days. if you ended up with a GT then you must remember Eddie Fiola.

Would love the top - I'll send you a message buddy clap.gif

All this BMX talk brought back some memories! I went Raleigh Burner, Diamond Back Silver Streak and finally my mother sold a kidney for a Hutch Pro Racer. I near enough used to sleep with the latter :)). I used to race at Derby and one or two others. Notts Bunny Burners rings a bell :))) God I loved my BMX!!

PS Nice car!

I have a titanium sva with red interior. It's fairly standard, has a removable steering wheel, 2bular exhaust, nitrons and oil pressure / oil temp gauges , everything else is as it left the factory. On 62k miles and only used on sunny weekends now, this is my 3rd s1 and I don't think I'll ever sell it unless I win the lottery.

My first Lotus was a black S160 with red interior - loved it. Much preferred it to my Exige. It was reg W958 RHT, wonder where that is now....

It's odd that it's probably worth more now than it was when I sold it 10 years ago.

Archived