litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Back For Round 3!

MattyB

Been a while since I was on here :)

Picking up Lotus no 3 tomorrow - S2 Sport 135, my first foray into S2 territory. After a few years of big-engined V6 and V8 cars, it'll be interesting to go back to basics.

Needs a few things sorting, but nothing major; new radiator fan, new tyres (AD07 probably?) and a geo, and I'm lucky enough to be within spitting distance of Mike Foster, the guys at Top Gear and Dan@HPE isn't far either, so plenty of support there. Lets hope it's more reliable than my Exige!

Bring on the sunshine...:)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back!,

Sounds a good choice. As for reliability,  I would think a 135 (at least in theory) should be more reliable than the old MK1, less strained, simpler design.

I put 10k miles on my old on in a year, including a trackday and an alps trip, it didn't miss a beat. Of course it's somewhat pot luck, but I hope you enjoy your S2 Elise as much as I did mine.

Welcome back!

Most s2 K series Elises are pretty reliable (except the vhpd and other highly modified cars) so you should be ok. Having said that it will need a head gasket at some point if it hasn't already been changed for the later type.

I agree you should fit the oem Yokos if you aren't tracking the car. Eliseparts had a great offer on them until they ran out of stock?

Archived