litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Seats Re Upholstery

Thomas Harborne

Hi all, looking to get my interior sorted. Seats are uncomfortable to be honest and need re padding and i also dont like the look of them so just wondering the best place in the Midlands to have this done? Also cost wise what should i be expecting to pay?

Cheers

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try speaking with Allon White Sports Cars, I had a classic Elan interior done with them earlier this year and they did a fantastic job. Speak to John Bellinger, very knowledgable and easy to talk to. Jonny Fox also had his S1 Exige interior done there earlier this year so well worth giving them a call!

Bloody hell, I would put 2 new Tillet's in for that money and sell the originals.....

Thanks guys I've now got a few places to get quotes from this week, I'll give AW a call and see what they're offering. And i agree Andy, sure I've seen some decent probax seats for less.

I used a coach trimmers in Rubery to re-trim mine quite a few years ago. I can't remember the name but a google search may show something. I'll see if I can find them. They were a LOT cheaper than any of the regular Lotus people and they did a decent job.

Just been down to J M Grant, looks like good workmanship. Showed me a set of Porsche seats he's currently working on. Had a look at my seats and qouted me £250 per seat. That's a price i was expecting to pay so I'll be taking it down end of October as he's busy at the moment.

Archived