litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ht Lead / Coil Pack

kayj_prod

Sunday, for the first time ever, I resorted to calling for recovery. Car just wouldn't fire. Anyway, turned out it as just a broken tip on the distributor end of an HT lead. The rubber shroud was enough to hold it on to get going, but so annoyed I didn't spot it was hanging off! (Must have just been one bump too many.)

Anyway, I bought a new set of HT leads- figured if one had fatigued, the others might need doing. Wrong. Four are fine, and it is the lead to the coil that is broken.

I've changed the leads to the spark plugs, but I can't actually see where the coil pack is. Do I need to access from below? (Great, I just took my trolley jack to my parents house in Norfolk!)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Phil. Changed into some shorts without buttons and zips... I traced the cable down and found it. Finding the pin to fit the new lead back on took a fair amount of finger tip probing! Job done. Another simple -if awkward- fix.

Archived