litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Please Take A Moment To Read This.

Chris_edeson

Hi guys

I am not normally one for asking people to spend money on charitable things for people they don't even know, however, on this occasion its personal.

A very, very good friend of mine, Dom, 34 from Derby has stage 4 secondary bowel cancer and has basically 6-12 months to live unless he can raise an initial 100k for treatment in Germany - as the UK doesn't offer the treatment he needs. 

His fundraising is only a week in and he already has over 21k raised. His appeal has reached BBC Derby, whom discussed this on their breakfast show yesterday (13/07/16) and we have also reached out to Derby County FC and a number a local celebs/footballers on Twitter who have also shared the link to his page. 

This post is more to share his fundraising page and if anyone can spare a few quid to help save a life, we will all be eternally grateful .

The page can be found here:

https://www.gofundme.com/doit4dom 

We all spend a few quid on a coffee and a snack most days, perhaps people could spare that for Dom just for one day. 

Sorry to beg, and admin, if this breaches forum rules please remove. i am just trying to get as many people to see this as possible.

Thanks again

Chris 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris,

Can't see admin objecting to this so come on guys dig deep.

One form or another most of us will know someone that has been touched by this sh#t of a disease.

Good luck and get sharing !

Chris,

One form or another most of us will know someone that has been touched by this sh#t of a disease.

Thanks mate :)

Chris,

Wow Paul I have just seen your donation - you absolute legend. Thank you so much!!! That really great.

Chris

Sorry its not much (the exchange rate hurts a bit), I lost my wife to exactly the same a couple of years ago, they only found her at stage 4, she was only 45.

Hard road ahead but very best wishes from here

Darren

Chris

Sorry its not much (the exchange rate hurts a bit), I lost my wife to exactly the same a couple of years ago, they only found her at stage 4, she was only 45.

Hard road ahead but very best wishes from here

Darren

Darren thank you so so so much anything people can spare is absolutely brilliant. I'm sorry to hear you lost your wife to this vile disease :(

Thanks again mate I will keep this thread up to date with progress and hopefully good news.

Chris

So Dom is a Derby lad and derby county fan... We asked Derby for some items to auction off. They gave us 1 pair of match tickets and said we were not allowed to bucket collect at a game as charity allocation is full.

We contacted FC Barcelona and they have said they will donate a signed Leo Messi shirt to auction off no qualms!

If any has the chance to spare a few quid please read the link https://www.gofundme.com/doit4dom

Thanks all.

Archived