Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

K20 Rotex Supercharger

robinchild

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I made my decision and whet for the Rotrex one in the end, Fitted by TTS performance, really quite impressed with their work, and it only took a week, power is astonishing! I have never felt anything quite like it! It made about 365 at the wheels but they did say that the dyno was a bit optimistic, The blow off valve, or what ever it is does discharge a lot of air into the engine bay so it is even more noisy but they did say that i could reroute the air down into the wheel arch to get rid of that. really happy with it! I just need better tyres, my 3 year old AD08's cannot cope with the extra torque!

I didnt say that it would hold together!  blink.png people seem to get away with running power like that on standard internals but it is going to seriously shorten the engine life. I may get them to wind it down a bit. It will be fine for road use but i think the track may kill it. running about 250 lbf i think,  yes it feels fast!!! it will spin the wheels in the 1st three gears on cold tires!

It is less about the destination than it is about the journey, or something like that, or to put it another way, they are very short but also very exciting! exciting in the same way as being shot at is exciting (to quote top gear) it makes you feel alive!

Robin - You can direct the "blow off" (or sometimes known as a dump valve) valve pressure back into the intake pipe. This is how OEM's manufactures do it. This will keep the noise down. 

I have owned my fair share of turbo cars and initially a external dump valve set up seems great, but the novelty soon worn off. 

Hi Alan, It does blow a lot of air out of that valve, continuously on neutral throttle, even on tick-over, maybe something to do with the fact that it is driven by the engine and not the exhaust gasses, it would be a lot of air to force back into the intake, I guess it would vent back out of the air filter, Is that the same with a turbo? I don't fully understand how these systems work!

Thank you for that, It would be interesting to see how lotus have done it on the V6, assuming it is visible. I still like the silly noises at the moment so I will probably sort it out next year when I add by carpet etc.  

Archived