litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Service Lotus Leeds Jct600

Meister

What do you guys make of this?

I book my 2 year old Elise CR S with 4,000miles in for a service on the 7th June to be serviced tomorrow (22nd June) no special requirements or additional work.

At a few minutes before 6.00pm tonight I get a voice message saying it's Jordan from JCT my parts are on 'back order' and therefore there is no point in bringing my car in tomorrow. I call back within 5mins he's left, no one else can comment on the situation and I need to call back in the morning.

Now here's the rub... I live in Sutton Coldfield a good 2 hour journey, I had made special arrangements with a friend in Leeds for him to take a day off work, pick me up from JCT then go for lunch and drop me back later. So this situation is a pain in the butt.

So what am I missing here 1) Telling a customer at 6.00pm the night before and I quote 'don't bother bringing your car in' - with no apology whatsoever! 2) What bloody parts are on back order..oil filters and oil?

I was also going to investigate the possible purchase of a Elise 250 cup!

Is it me????

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a sham, I feel sorry for Byron the lotus technician. Whoever thought it was a good idea to split sales and service onto different sites needs there head examining. What's worse is you have to deal with the Peugeot service personnel who have no idea about lotus

It's a sham, I feel sorry for Byron the lotus technician. Whoever thought it was a good idea to split sales and service onto different sites needs there head examining. What's worse is you have to deal with the Peugeot service personnel who have no idea about lotus

That's really interesting you are now the second person who has made exactly the same comment!

Mark

You can pick them Mark. 

I would personally be fuming and would need some serious discount for me to even consider using them. mad.gif

Tell us more about the Elise 250 Cup.

You can pick them Mark. 

I would personally be fuming and would need some serious discount for me to even consider using them. mad.gif

Tell us more about the Elise 250 Cup.

As you know all too well Alan I always want something I haven't got! but....having really considered a Exige V6 I have put some thought into what I want the car for....I want to do track days but I also enjoy our Sunday morning breakfast meets etc with the roof off and can't help but think the Cup 250 is everything in a Lotus I want!....mmmmmm

​Don't contact them, wait till the parts arrive then book a day for the service.

The evening before the service, call them just before they close and cancel the service.

Central Lotus Nottingham must be closer?

I LIKE THIS IDEA!!! 

I used to live up there 25 years ago, JCT had a bad reputation back then too....

Muppets.

I bought my first one from them in 2000. Despite asking specific questions about the car's history before buying, then later finding crash repairs, they said they knew nothing about it. When I contacted the previous owner, guess who did the insurance repairs....

When given that evidence, they claimed their repair unit was a separate business and they have no need to talk to each other.

We ended up less than an hour from a Small Claims Court hearing before they phoned with a settlement.

Interesting parts on back order apart I'm after is on back order Lotus supply chain issue .

Something doesn't sound right ? .

Ed

Silverstone or Allon whites both have loan cars .

Things are not going well at JCT. Real shame as Byron knows his stuff but he's been put into a bad position.

Sadly JCT aren't interested in advice from anybody. 

Go elsewhere.

So everybody gets a clear picture on this....I received an email from JCT600 (Service Manager) at 9.38 this morning apologising for not being in a position to service my car.

The reason given is that oil filters are on back order from Lotus ( shame on Lotus... that's the motoring equivalent of a pub running out of beer ).
However they have offered to collect and return my car when the oil filters are in stock and give a discount on the servicing cost.
Mark

Archived