litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

It's Gone......

Dr H

Exactly 10 years and six days ago I collected X377BPA from Sutton in Surrey.

15 mins ago I watched the new owner drive off down the road........

The day I collected it, it rained. The last drive on Friday, it rained. It rained quite a lot in between too! But I did manage the odd dry drive.

The car always got lots of comments when it went out, not often enough I know. tongue.png  During my ownership it was featured in a couple of magazine articles, was shown at the Pistonheads show and won 'Car of the Day' at the annual MLOC gathering 2 years ago.

I spend far too much on it doing things that didn't need doing.

I was always a massive occasion to drive it even though I only managed 3500 miles in the 10 years. The sound was just amazing and the handling almost telepathic.

The new owner is not on MLOC but  ison SELOC, although he doesn't post very often. It's new home is somewhere over towards Cambridge. He also says he's going to use it :blink so I hope to God it's OK for him. Although it never caused me any problems I hate selling cars as I get paranoid that something will go wrong.

So I still have the S2 but am a Lotus down! And on Father’s Day too sad.png

2006:

18029787914_068533472e_c.jpg

2016 (this morning)

27667168092_50f7bc5a2e_c.jpg

So all current owners, prepare for prices to go through the roof now I've got rid of mine :beat

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a piece of MLOC history, sad to see it go :( but I can understand why (and you never used it anyway ;) ). Must have been a tough decision between that and the S2 Honda.

Hi Leigh, I know i haven't posted here for a loonnng time, but I couldn't help with this news!

Sorry to see it go, and I bet you must have had a lump in your throat as it drove off - and a wry smile with the rain! ;-)

You and that 340 have been here from about the same time I joined and bought the Bug. Good luck with the Stratos project.

Jon

A day of mixed emotions and weather Leigh.

Time for someone else to enjoy the car and use it as intended hopefully.

The time, care, cash and attention you devoted to the 340 was huge, but with the stratos coming together it would have been a shame to leave the 340 tucked away when those cars were designed for driving.

Onwards and upwards, oh and drop me a PM if you think of selling the s2 to keep funding the stratos !!!!!

See you at chatsworth hopefully

Richbk

+1 wish I had known it was for sale

Christ Colin, it's a different car every week on your shopping list it seems ;)

Is the SD1 not floating your boat after a fortnight of beige velour lined loveliness??!

Nice one Leigh - don't look back and the Stratos will be all the better for it!

Well - just wanted to give a balanced view...

And I thought I was getting first refusal. :-(

I thought you were joking - loads of people have said the same over the years......

+1 wish I had known it was for sale

I put word out on the 340R owners club that I was thinking of selling. Someone put it on the facebook page for me (I donlt use facebook) and got loads of interest. Only one guy arranged to come and see it and we agreed a sale there and then.

When he left after agreeing a deal he told me that he would understand if I changed my mind and just to let him know if I wanted to keep it. He looked really guilty when we shookehands on Sun before he drove off and he's since said he did feel guilty laugh.png

Is the Stratos rolling yet? *taps watch*

'course it is, it's still on that trolley with the wheels on it, I can roll it anywhere I like smile.png 

I feel so sorry for you Leigh, I know that pain. Still, there is another couple of toys with which to keep your OCD topped up :-)

I'm more worried about the money I'm spending on it. The cost of the engine rebuild is going to be ridiculous and I mean really ridiculous blush.png I would have been better off buying this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-V-Alfa-Romeo-166-3-0-V6-24v-Auto-Sportronic-/231909257831?hash=item35fede7267:g:Y-wAAOSwiylXCmwl

taking the engine out and sell the rest for parts.....

Archived