litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Instrument Cluster Problem

rocketian

Every now and then the instrument cluster shuts down on my 2006 111R. Speedo and tacho go to zero. Temp disappears and fuel goes to zero. Usually it comes back after a few minutes, next day it is always working. If I "tap" the binnacle with my fist it works for a few seconds, so looks like a bad contact somewhere.

Anyone got any thoughts????

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, like you say all seems to indicate a bad connection, I would pull it all out and check/clean up all connections, maybe even run some switch cleaner through plugs etc.

I have had all the instruments etc. out of my 2004 S2 (I figure yours is similar) and it is not too tricky 

Good luck

• 2 months later...

I get exactly the same on my 56 Elise S. It happens when it is hot outside, never get it in the winter. I took the instrument pannel off and disconnected it gave the metal female connectors that the spade connectors go into a squeeze with a tiny screwdriver and it fixed the problem. I think they just expand a bit when it's warm and make the connection a but dodgy. Hope it works for you as well.

Archived