litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Is There Such A Thing.....

Chris_edeson

Daveb/Dean - great advice as per. My Williams is on a popular auction site ending Saturday. Once it sells then I know how much I need to top up to an 11-12k car - as you say you can get more car for not much more money. I do like the one you posted Dave!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NP Chris. The red one does look good value, for sure, at this time of year.

It does, but I'm not sure I could live with an interior the same colour as the Dale Winton...........

Yes yes Chris.....

I love this thread......

It's happening scat man. As soon as frenchy departs I'm back in the club. Nice s1 - 2nd car, no broken back. Big smiles :)

It does, but I'm not sure I could live with an interior the same colour as the Dale Winton...........

Haha... Now you come to mention it

You're not wrong there, I'd be selling those seats to buy some nice black ones...

:o From the king of originality :):P

I'd leave them, they are "period correct" ;)

Haha......good point Simon ;). I'm working on my own 'period' seats as a bit of a project as it happens..

Alex where's the link to the yellow one? I love threads like this, everyone trying to buy a car with someone else's dosh!!

Chris, maybe think about spending another £1-2k, it gives you a much wider choice...there are a few out there for £11-12k.   As always, buy on condition and history, and given the budget, look at what has been done recently and when - and by who.  And the golden rule of course - check for chassis damage, particularly around the upper and lower wishbone mounts on all four corners...

All good finds will be great fully received - budget 12k

Having help/advice like this from guru's is invaluable so thank you smile.png

Chris, maybe think about spending another £1-2k, it gives you a much wider choice...Dave may even sell you his then cool.png

Chris, maybe think about spending another £1-2k, it gives you a much wider choice...Dave may even sell you his then B)

Haha no chance Phil, at least another two weeks have gone by since I thought about changing it so it must be worth £30k now ;)

I have it insured for £19k agreed value, and I'd expect to get that too I think. But it isn't for sale - unless you have a silver, grey, yellow or orange S160 that is ....!

Chris - another thought - I found my S160 a couple of years ago by broadening my search, to include dealer websites. Many don't advertise on Pistonheads or Autotrader, and some do still sell S1's....

Archived