litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ewp 80

Martin R

I have just fitted one of these and the controller. I would have done a pic thread but i was under time pressure due to the sprinting next week.

I fitted the sensor in the head outlet flow. What can i say but it appears to be an excellent mod. You can set the target temp as you please in 5 degree increments.

I left it idling on the drive for ages. It never moved off 83 degrees. It also runs coolant round the engine with the fan on for 3 mins after switch off or 10 degrees below set point whichever is sooner.

If you do a few track days, seriously consider this. It took a bit of fitting but well worth it for the peace of mind.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what i have fitted on my S1 Honda. But i have also completely removed the mechanical water pump and no thermostat. (for various reason's).

Works very well and kept the temps very constant on the Dyno.

Only criticism i have is the LCD screen is not the most attractive.  

I like the sound of this Martin i did a trackday two weeks ago and the water was rock solid at 87 on track. A soon as i came into the pits the water temps shot up due the engine only idling.

But i think this may be due in part to high oils temps. I saw 126-127 on track i think i need an oil cooler.

Where did you fit the pump martin, after or before the rad?

Also did you remove the thermostat?

Jody i fitted it in the return flow from the rad, under the L/H front wheel arch. I have a PRRT fitted on mine so the OE thermostat is removed.

Paul I'll buy it off you If someone hasn't beat me to it, mates rates of course :-)

Martin do you need to remove the front clam to fit ?

Cheers

Russ

Russ, it would be tricky with it on IMO. The pipes are really tight going on the pump. I would recommend the controller as well. I have been out for a run. The temp never went over 85 when stopping in traffic. That was only for a few seconds as the controller increases the voltage to increase the pump speed. Im very impressed the circulation after stopping is the main reason i fitted it though.

Just a quick update on this. Im really pleased with this mod. the car runs at between 80 - 83. I went down the M40 at the weekend and pulled into the services. On the island there were some red traffic lights. Normally the temp would have shot right up. It went up 1 degree whilst the pump gained speed. Its also ideal for the sprinting as i can just turn the car off after a run and let the pump keep the coolant circulating   :)

Archived