litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hpe Engine Mapping

AlanS1

Now that my Honda engine has run in i thought that i had better get it mapped correctly.

So i took it over to Dan at HPE today.

After reading a few threads regarding the RR that Dan uses i was expecting some very conservative but realistic numbers for my standard set up. 

It took Dan just 3 hours to complete the mapping and he was working flat out all the time. The car behaved itself which is always a bonus. The previous map was way out, so i am really pleased that i have had it done and can now be confident when i take it on its first track session. 

I couldn't stop smiling on the drive home. Its absolutely awesome. I can highly recommend using Dan.clap.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one Alan - and Dan!

Does that mean that if I have to follow you again for 80 miles I won't need a trip to A&E to check my lungs afterwards smile.png

"Oh....yeah.....it's running a bit rich" were Al's words....!

Glad you got it sorted.   Looking forward to hopefully getting mine remapped by Dan soon as part of the grand quest for the lumpy idle!

What were the numbers then??!

Thanks Alex.

To be honest he spent most of the time on the rest of the map rather than full power, which was great to see.

But yes he does know how to make them work.

What did it make Al ?

I believe there may be a couple of places left at Blyton this Sunday smile.png

Hi Russell, i would have loved to have joined you on Sunday, but my lad has yet another football tournament that will take up most of the day. :( 

How did you get on at Hethel?

Thanks Alex.

To be honest he spent most of the time on the rest of the map rather than full power, which was great to see.

But yes he does know how to make them work.

Hi Russell, i would have loved to have joined you on Sunday, but my lad has yet another football tournament that will take up most of the day. :(

How did you get on at Hethel?

Football first he could be top league one day and play for the villa ! : )

That is good for the dyno Dan uses. Mine was considerably down compared to TDI South hub dyno.

Dan tweaked the map on mine after I have a new exhaust fitted. He ran it up on the dyno and it showed it was running lean. Bigger exhaust meant air flowed quicker and needed more fuel. Dan and Ian (Clockwise) discussed the numbers and reckoned once mapped properly it would make about 20hp more.

They were spot on it made 20 more at 8.5k!

Mt Webster certianly seems to know his onions.

Archived