Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

2Bular - Reported To Be No More...

pa28pilot

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure 2Bular is no more.

I placed the order for mine the first week of Feb and was Initially promised a 3 week lead time.

Long storey short, after being promised it nearly finished and dispatched Friday a couple of times I phoned Jim to find out what was going on.

He explained that he had indeed sold up and the new owner wanted to step away from the lotus side and get into the likes of Aston Martin... He did tell me he is being retained for 12 months for r&d and warranty claims.

After the call I then waited a further 4 days but still no exhaust. At this point I really needed an exhaust so i Contacted Jim, asked for a refund, he apologised for any inconvenience and we went out separate ways.

Was just frustrating seeing people on seloc who ordered 3 weeks ago receive there's and here's me who ordered the first week in Feb and paid in full, still waiting.

What pipe did you go for in the end Kieran?, don't think you said on SELOC (and whatever you got will be wrong anyway ;-)) 

Went for a Full Hangar signature system. Spent along time on the phone to Greg who was extremely helpful I have to say. Talked it over and said I would call back in the morning to confirm which bits I wanted as it was 16:55 Wednesday.

Phoned at 11:00 Thursday morning and placed the order.  It was here by 11:00 on the Friday ... can't say fairer than that.

Hahaha, you can here it next Monday night......if the weathers absolutely perfect without a single wisp of cloud in the sky and the roads have all been dried and vacuumed prior to my departure laugh.png

;)

Couldn't resist that one Rozzer - such an easy target ;-)

Looking forward to hearing it, we might get to stand outside with our pints with a bit of luck..

Looking forward to it....

Weathers looking like it's on the up anyway with temps in the high teens......or so it says.

I'll be surprised if they could make a success out of that business just focusing on Aston Martins. Knowing what that crowd are like they will have to really prove their credentials and even then there just isn't the same numbers willing to "modify" Most want to retain that completely factory / original car.

Only thing I can think of is because it's Aston they can pretty much just add a zero on the end of their price lists. And then if they partner with one of the big name indies, such as Bamford Rose. But having spoken to them today they say they do their own, although having seen the quality of the exhausts in person they are top quality so could be coming from 2bular already?

To me it Would make more sense to me to keep the Lotus side (as they have all the jigs and the quality reputation) and gradually build up the Aston side as they go.

Thats only what Jim told me over the phone.. I really hope he does continue on with lotus products like all have said it's a no brainer, the jigs are made and people want his product.

With a small amount of stock on the shelve, especially with the R&d done on the v6 systems. It would make a huge difference.

The early v6 cars are now coming into the hands whereby people are tweaking them so I can't see the v6 demand dropping off anytime soon.

Kieran

What made you go for a full system ( I take it 4 into 1 ) sports cat or decat pipe and back box ???

As you had only ordered a back box and cat from

Jim ?

Would you pass a noise test at Bedford now ?

Regards

Colin

Archived