litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Evora Harness Bar Fitted

chris_h

So following on from this thread a year ago where i had my seat modified to take a 5 point harness...  http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/64016-evora-seat-modification-for-5-point-harness/

I have finally had made and fitted my removable harness bar.  It took a while to find a company that wanted to take on the challenge and agree a design we were both happy with. 

Last week whilst I was on holiday http://www.sa-motorsport.co.ukwho make race car roll cages made up my harness bar.  I really couldn't be happier.  It looks great, is very strong and only takes a few minutes to fit or remove.

IMG_1394.JPG

My idea was to use the seat belt anchor locations as these are designed to take the load.  The design makes use of the front and rear seat belt mounting points for just the harness shoulder straps.  (Actually used the isofix mount next to the rear lower seat belt mount, its the same bit of metal and the load is spread over two bolts and I don't have to touch the seat belt when taking the harness bar in and out.)

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

Waist straps are onto the standard lap strap mount point on buckle side and I had to drill a hole in the steel seat frame in a mirror image location (the evora has a sliding bar type mount for the 3 point belt on the door side).  I used Scroth belts and their figure of 8 mounting kit for using the quick connect lap belts. 

IMG_1388.JPG

IMG_1393.JPG

The crotch belt goes though the holes had I had done at Allon White last year, mounted to the steel seat frame work.

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1392.JPG

Cost of the harness bar was £180 including powder coating, which I think is a very acceptable price and i'm sure they will sell quite a few of them now. 

(On a side note, i can't believe how noisy the cabin is without the rear seats in place (louder than my old exige).  No wonder the seats are thick foam as the amount of noise they cut out is amazing.  On track i'll run bare metal in the back, but i'm going to cut some carpet to size and velcro in place when using on the road.  It'll cut out some of the noise and make the cabin look much more finished.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

Only driven a standard one on track, not mine with the gt4 wings and splitters yet.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Hi Chris,

Just wondering how you're getting on with the harnesses. I think my LE is amazing on track but would really benefit from having harnesses. Would be interesting to see how easy the bar is to fit and remove.

Your welcome to pop over to have a look one day (I'm in allestree which is the north side of derby). It makes a massive difference for track driving. Steering wheel is now just for steering not for holding on to and supporting yourself.

It takes about 15-20 mins to fit or take out now I know what I'm doing.

The evora is very good on track, it's quicker than my old exige and that was quicker than just about everything I ever came across.

Archived