litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Searching For 340R For Sale

Tall James

Hiya thank you for the information, really appreciate it, I have got in touch and we are discussing the only thing is ideally I wanted an original colour one but we'll see depending on what he wants for her kind regards

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cakes, your car and mine are very similar specs. Mine has the UCR box. The only other I know of besides ours is Will Blackhams car. Are you running the original ECU or has it got the emerald?

Yes, still on the original ECU, runs absolutely perfectly. I love the UCR box but I know it's not to everyone's taste. I don't know Will personally but I know who he is from his postings on Seloc, didn't think he'd still got his?

Our's are even rarer then ;)

Blimey! Prices are strong. All this talk of prices going up and the £55k and £47k cars are making me thing again! I always said that prices would go mad if I ever sold mine..............looks like they will too wacko.png

James has contacted me but I already have someone interested (has been for some months) and I agreed that he had first refusal when I cam to sell. I'm a man of my word so I have to give him first refusal.

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/classifieds/classic-cars/lotus/340r/lotus-340r/5483227

According to website was posted 2 hours ago.

Blimey! Prices are strong. All this talk of prices going up and the £55k and £47k cars are making me thing again! I always said that prices would go mad if I ever sold mine..............looks like they will too wacko.png

James has contacted me but I already have someone interested (has been for some months) and I agreed that he had first refusal when I cam to sell. I'm a man of my word so I have to give him first refusal.

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/classifieds/classic-cars/lotus/340r/lotus-340r/5483227

According to website was posted 2 hours ago.

Wow!

343miles per year average!!

Yeah still got all that info. Drop me your email via pm and I'll send it over.

Now I'm building a Stratos, the OH has threatened she'd leave if I ended up with 4 cars. So maybe I won't sell laugh.png

Wow!

343miles per year average!!

Mines positively worn out by comparison - 431 per year average.

Wow - £55k ?

I guess the original S1 derivatives (S1 Exige, S190, 340R) are all getting so much rarer as the years go by.   

From my experiences so far, and looking at the values increasing since I bought mine, the S160 is becoming part of this list too - together with other factory special editions such as the Type 49 etc.

Good luck with your search.   The one in Derbyshire with 5500 miles looks like a belter (on the surface at least).   Suspect you wouldn't go wrong buying Leigh's car either, should it become available after all.

Hiya thank you for the information, really appreciate it, I have got in touch and we are discussing the only thing is ideally I wanted an original colour one but we'll see depending on what he wants for her kind regards

With the limited pool of cars out there I really wouldn't get hung up on colour this can be changed easy enough.

If you get the offer of buying Leigh's car do so. Leigh's car is exceedingly well cared for and the phrase "no expense spared" has never been more accurate.

Archived