Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nlc..... Big Kid Content

kieranexige

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That does look pretty cool...

You could take it down the nature reserve with dogger Dave....I can't help think that I would probably fly it into a wall or the highest tree in the park.... :-(

It's hard to explain how it's different, but it really is - once you've got the headset on you're completely cut off from the rest of the world, and the drone's view becomes your own, then it starts to feel very much like you're doing something special :)  I guess it's like a game, but the physics are absolutely perfect, and the graphics look...well... real :D

I crashed the thing about three times and gave up :P  I think there's probably a market for a drone that stabilises itself and you just point it in the direction you want to go, more like an actual computer game i suppose.  I really struggled with just putting the thing where i wanted it to go, let alone racing it around like that :s  You'd be too high up so you'd drop the power a bit, but the downwards momentum you gained would then carry it straight into the grass before there's time to react, and if i /did/ catch it in time then my panicked response was "full powah!!" and it would rocket back up into the sky like a firework where the cycle would start to repeat

Still, it was good fun.  Would be cool to have a computer controlled one that would follow you around in the car, taking awesome video footage...

Archived