litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elan S3 Interior Re-Trim

I am looking to have a 1966 Elan S3 DHC re-trimmed in period correct vinyl, two seats, centre consol and door cards, has anyone done the same and who would you recommend? I spoke with John at Allon White yesterday and I am waiting on costs from him, any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Collecting my seats and sill covers on Friday from John buddy, like for like job.  I went with Allon White because of the Lotus tie. He's also keeping a picture diary of sorts hopefully. Nice guy thumbs_up.gif

Simon there is a very good classic retrimmer in Leicester.

http://classiccarservices.co.uk

I've not personally had any work done by him but a lot of people I know have and have all been happy with the work.

Allon White is also very good however expensive from memory.

I want it done by someone who knows Lotus, hence contacting Allon White, cheers anyway Alex : )

Collecting my seats and sill covers on Friday from John buddy, like for like job.  I went with Allon White because of the Lotus tie. He's also keeping a picture diary of sorts hopefully. Nice guy thumbs_up.gif

I had a long chat with John last night and he mentioned he was doing some S1 Exige seats, are you having them done to original factory spec?  I approached them for the same reasons you did and he has always been great to deal with whenever i have, he knows his stuff too. Post some photo's up when you get them please Jonny

I want it done by someone who knows Lotus, hence contacting Allon White, cheers anyway Alex : )

They (classic car services) did my old Turbo Esprit seats and they retrimmed the headlining in the S4s. Excellent work!

Simon what's the story with the Pug?

It's a long story but here's an image or two...

post-4390-0-84268400-1454092180_thumb.jpg

post-4390-0-32683600-1454092212_thumb.jpg

post-4390-0-78605300-1454092231_thumb.jpg

post-4390-0-96813600-1454092263_thumb.jpg

post-4390-0-64446900-1454092286_thumb.jpg

I've owned it for fifteen years or so and over time gradually modified it, the weak point being the bodyshell, so i decided to re-shell and modify it further about eighteen months ago. It's been acid-stripped, seam-welded, strengthened, fitted with GRP wings/bonnet and tailgate, a full weld-in cage, full lexan window kit, roof scoop for interior ventilation and fitted a rear spoiler, all finished in Lotus Carbon grey metallic : ) It's cost a ridiculous amount of money but i hope it looks something near to your S1 Exige when finished! 

Looking forward to seeing those seats of yours and the car when complete!

Simon stunning mate, please do a build thread. I need to see loads more pictures.

Sean and Rocko in the trim shop have done a full photo build of the seats but I only have half the photos, I think the rest are coming tomorrow. I'll probably pop a link here to my thread if that is OK, there are loads. I had them done like for like, strangely they are unrecognisably looking brand new, absolutely fantastic. I'm hugely impressed. They was a 1930s Aston in for work while I was there. Summing up, it's a very nice and pleasant place to spend your money. And I will likely own a Morgan one day.

I can smell that new car smell from where I'm sitting :-)

Archived