litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise S1 Headlight Covers

Bobjacqs

Hi,

There are dead flies behind my headlight covers. Is my best bet to remove the covers and clean behind them or is it easier to remove the headlamps? It's a 1997 Elise (manufactured 1996) and I read somewhere that the covers were bonded in place in the early Elises - not sure how to tell.

Cheers

Bob

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a standard fit, so could be glued on with anything !

I'd remove the lights to clean. Count the turns on each butterfly but and you'll be pretty close to correct headlight alignment on refitting.

• 4 months later...

Do as dobbo says above, then fit a pair of these: https://www.eliseparts.com/products/show/16/866/headlamp-foam-seal/

Fitted them on all of my S1's they do a great job and will solve your problemthumbs_up.gif

Alternatively use some fishing wire to cut through the cack they are stuck on with, if its the same stuff as Eliseparts sell it will clean off pretty well, but as above if some numpty has used tiger seal etc then it will be a long job.sad.png

Archived