litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Cheese........... Breakdown Content

dazb

Why is everything on our little plastic cars made of cheese?

Last night the Black Plastic sleeve on the Top Gear Selector Cable broke, leaving me stuck in 1st gear only 4 miles from home!

AA call out, offered to tow me home, but then we couldn't use the tow bar due to the useless towing strut, basically the black plastic cover broke off with the threaded part still inside.

As it was only 4 miles, he eventually agreed to two me with a strap around the towing strut, although at first looking at the rust on it we weren't convinced it would take it!

Thankfully it got the car home, although why some people insist on driving right up your arse even though you are being towed..... now to buy and fit a new gear cable, towing strut etc!!

I have found the uprated Gear Cable on Seriously Lotus, I don't suppose they despatch on a Sunday for Monday do they, need my car for work as it is my daily driver.

Unless anyone has a Gear Cable for a 2008 Elise R around the Midlands they would like to sell me today!

Darren 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived