litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Harness Bars For S2

DeanB

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got both seat belts and harnesses in mine. And my previous exige I bought the eliseparts wrap around harness bar and had both seat belts and harnesses...

Even if you remove your seat belt, I would probably keep the passenger side, Mrs scatty looks at me in absolute disgust when I mention her wearing a harness... Even more so in the car...

What you bought/done Dean?

So far I have bought:

New rear clam

New extended diffuser in black

Eliseparts rear panel delete kit

Black stone protectors

New team dynamics wheels in satin black

Set 888s

Elise Shop toe link kit

Black and silver nose badge

135 cams

Cam belt and tensioner

Front CL rc5+ pads

Harness

Harness bar

I think that's about it. Gav is getting me a new alternator and front discs and I may have a motorsport seat of some description coming.

image1-3.jpeg

I have been offered this seat. I'm not sure yet if the missing cushion for it can be found, and it was taken out of a barn after being stored for a while so I suspect it will clean up a fair bit. Assuming it's not ripped what do people think I should be paying for it?

Has anyone seen one like it before?

I would have thought the padding shouldn't be too hard the source.

As for price I dunno. Might be worth bearing in mind that you will need runners/frame for it which can be a tad costly.

Cheers Dean, those black protectors turned up yesterday, they look much smarter than the clear tatty ones that were on, and slightly smaller. Just need to fit them on Sunday .

It's a right crap job trying to get the remnants of the old ones off.... What I thought would be a ten mi ute job, turned into about a two hour job.... Good grief......

Dean I have a set of 6 point Schroth harnesses which aren't road legal and a set of 4 point Willans which are road legal.  Not sure if they'll fit the Elise as they're off Paul's Fisher but I'll have a look at how they compare against my Elise harnesses if you're interested.

Archived