litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mrsimba (Simon) Has Passed Away

Meister

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Simba had the black 996 turbo and then a couple of Elise's I believe before getting back in a black VX turbo. 

He came and spoke to me at a Breakfast Club meet. I came back to the car and he was waiting by it as he recognised the car. A thoroughly nice bloke. RIP.

Hi all

I spoke with sheldon this morning and he was lovely in offering me a lot of support, thank you for that.

I've spoke with Simons dad today too, and I think he would prefer donations rather than flowers, so either myself or Sheldon will let you know the charity they choose.

He was also very touched to hear about the wishes on here and vx220.org

Thanks to everyone x

This is shocking news, I only saw him a short while ago.

Simon was one of the very first MLOC'ers I met, and it was Simon, Sheldon & myself who started the whole 'Sutton Chapter Meet' at the Horse & Jockey. We chose the H&J because it was in staggering distance from where we all lived.

I also remeber meeting you Nat, at the Waterman and at the Plough & Harrow.

Very sad indeed. My condolences to all his family & friends.

RIP Simon

Guy

It was that meet Guy/Nat at the Plough where I met Simon again, we took a second take at each other and realised we'd met about 15 years earlier. He'd bought a mobile phone from the shop I worked in on Beeches Walk. Lol he came in often, I think he liked the girl who served him, she liked him too :-) It was a small shop, quite personal and we'd all have a good natter now and then. He'd gone quiet of late but it was only last winter on Friday evenings I'd pop in the shop when collecting my take away from next door, just to say hello wouldn't quite be the truth... I was always trying to get him along to the Sutton meet again. We did succeed though one final time it now saddens me to say, a bit of skulltrickery but we got him there, same smiley face as always.

God bless Simon, I hear you can mod a VX on the otherside with no chance of it ever blowing up. Mod away buddy and stick my name on a nice 2zz.

Simons last visit to the Sutton meet was my first and I was expecting it to be a regular thing where Simon could make sure I was keeping his old car well polished. He had a look at it that night and said "still looking good Mr H".

I did work on the car for Simon while he owned it and eventually bought it off him and we have kept in contact ever since. I was due to visit soon to try out his new coffee machine which was his latest hobby of which he had applied his OCD and that it had to be the best he could have.

It's been a little difficult today as the "Leggo Brick" is in the workshop for the winter months SORN'd till the Spring and I can't help my thoughts every time I look at it... I have always had to say to people "Its Simon's, Mr Simba's old Car" I have lost a friend.

RIP Mate.

Archived