litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Odd One - Centre Cap Depth Issue.

lukevx

Hi all, but of an odd one this!

Recently bought some of the 7 spoke forged wheels for my s2 Exige. Wheels are from an Exige with the proper 6.5j fronts.

On installation the driveshaft / end nut sticks out quite a way and so the centre caps can't be installed. I don't have this issue in the standard 'Y' Exige wheels as they are thicker and deeper in this area the centre caps are the same.

I've had a look through the history which appears complete and I can't see any driveshaft changes, are the rears of these wheels meant to come with a deeper plastic centre cap or are my driveshafts sticking out further than standard?

post-5234-144691221622_thumb.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats them Luke,

The y spokes run a smaller type ( 52mm standard) cap. My forged 211 style wheels run the larger type, 60mm I think but are flush, the 7 spoke split forged run raised on some.

Did they fit ok on the spiggot rings and centre ok? Went to fit mine last night and realised when they went in for powercoat they must of thrown them away.

Thanks Kieran

Yeah the fit on the spigots is perfect. Caps on the forged are the same 52mm (50mm badge) as on the Y wheels but the rears just need to be 20mm or so deeper. I'll order those replacements from hanger, was going to order the black and silver badges from the guy on SELOC like yours but now I need these I can't really justify spending £50+ on centre cap bits so will be staying yellow!!

Archived