litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Need Oil In Very Short Timing

chumaxa

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, I planed to take the Lotus on sunday, but I checked the oil level, and it would need some top up I think, do you know where I can find quickly some Shell 10w-60 ?? Cheers

Oooh, errrrr.  Shouldn't you be using a good, full synthetic 5w40?

Previous owner was very good at mecanic, and had a couple of Exiges, and taking care of the car himself, so I trust him on that one, but yes standard is 5w40, but I know taht for my renault sport the best oil is not the one provided by renault .. 

Anyway, I went to the Shell petrol station, of course they had all grades but mine ... 

Previous owner was very good at mecanic, and had a couple of Exiges, and taking care of the car himself, so I trust him on that one, but yes standard is 5w40, but I know taht for my renault sport the best oil is not the one provided by renault .. 

Anyway, I went to the Shell petrol station, of course they had all grades but mine ... 

I used to put Mobil 1 in my RenaultSport cars; Clio 197, Megane 250 Cup, then Megane 265 Cup.

Always use Silkolene Pro-S 5w40 in my Lotuseseses though.  Bestest oil on the planet (well, equal best!!).

Archived