litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exhaust Position (Spacer?)

Ajayo

Hi guys,

Recently fitted a Larini Club Sport box.  It didn't fit quite centrally when it was fitted, and after a few runs it has pulled itself out of the drivers side mount, because the support bracket didn't sit into the mount fully.  I really need it to sit about 15/20mm further towards the passenger side so it sits more centrally.

There is no movement anywhere else, so the only solution I can think of is to fit a spacer between the CAT and the exhaust, which should move the exhaust over.

Has anyone done this before, or know if these are available?  Done a bit of searching but not come across anything.

Cheers

Andy

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Andy,

I've not heard of anyone fitting a spacer as you describe. My old Club Sport had a slip joint in the section between the silencer and tailpipes, as per the uppermost exhaust in the photo below. Does yours have a joint at this position? If so, that may allow you some adjustment in the right direction?

IMG_9029_zps4c8dc0ed.jpg

Hi Phil,

Yes it has that slip joint so I can adjust the position of the tail pipe. The problem is that the main mounting bracket on the drivers side only sits into the rubber mount by about 10mm so it keeps popping out of the mount (on the passenger side it is well in). I might just have to get tough with it and bend the bracket so it sits further into the mount.

I think they have improved now, but early Larini exhausts did seem to require a certain amount of 'adjustment' to get them fitting nicely.

Bending the mount, or extending it as philsc suggests, should do it.

I had a problem with my 2bular on my S2 I couldn't get it tight enough it kept slipping to one side over a period of time, I stopped it by using one of those U couplings like the sort you have on a tow rope with a bolt through, it pulled in really tight around the bar. I dont know if this will help you or not good luck.

Archived