litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mloc Mountain Bikers

Alex B

Alex I just got some of the carbon wheels to put on this PITA fitting the tyres and seating them

Only just got my riding bug back after a gap, would,like to ride the peaks, currently rebuilding fitness and stamina, this weekend will do Dragons Back or the Beast at Coed y Brenin and if legs up for it short red and blue on Sunday at Cannock.

85383607-93FE-40B9-AF7E-11E3BBE6BE2A_zps

yes i feel your pain on getting them to seal mine were as terrible but they were  fairly cheap superstars as i couldnt justify enve rims to the wife.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am carbon rim curious will see how we go but for a try can't beat the cost of superstar unless you go LB rims.

Enve is big ££££

Be trying them tomorrow first ride out on the wheels heading over to Penmancho

Alex,

I ride a Cotic B Fe which being a few years old is all Reynolds steel. It really helps me on the trails after my old Cannondale which was too twitchy for me. I am mainly a roadie so I am good on the climbs but less good on the downhills. Plenty of good off road just to the north of Derby, get onto Strava and you can find my routes. I have never done Cannock but find Sherwood Pines a bit too easy (even for me) so I usually do two laps of the red flat out.....then feast in the cafe.

Keith

PS Derby Mercury ride near year (off road) on a Thursday evening.

Alex,

I ride a Cotic B Fe which being a few years old is all Reynolds steel. It really helps me on the trails after my old Cannondale which was too twitchy for me. I am mainly a roadie so I am good on the climbs but less good on the downhills. Plenty of good off road just to the north of Derby, get onto Strava and you can find my routes. I have never done Cannock but find Sherwood Pines a bit too easy (even for me) so I usually do two laps of the red flat out.....then feast in the cafe.

Keith

PS Derby Mercury ride near year (off road) on a Thursday evening.

Good to know that.

Will have a look on your strava.

Cannock is in my opinion a lot tougher than pines the Monkey is roughly 13miles with about 1300/1400ft elevation gained.

Good to know that.

Will have a look on your strava.

Cannock is in my opinion a lot tougher than pines the Monkey is roughly 13miles with about 1300/1400ft elevation gained.

Agree Cannock is much more challenging ;)

Though I do like the bike park at Pines, shame it's so short. (The downhill area at Cannock is a bit too extreme for my bike / me )

The other thing to do is pick up an OS map, and plot a route on local bridleways, there's very likely to be some decent rides on your doorstep ;)

Well you mloc bikers . I poped along to a different type of hillclimb today

http://shelsley-walsh.co.uk/events/content.asp?s=21&ei=427&nei=3

The winner went up the hill in 2mins 40 secs with second place going at 2 mins 41 secs

So if any of you guys think you can take on the hill get booked in for next year i will come watch :)

Really got into Mountain Biking the last couple of years. 

Living not too far from the border of Wales I spend most of my weekends in Wales, was at bike park Wales Last monday, was an awesome day out but unfortunately my mate broke his collar bone.

Here's my two wheel toy...

20150719_141824_Richtone%2528HDR%2529.jp

Archived