litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mloc Mountain Bikers

Alex B

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My two, Cube ams comp and the grey and orange one is a cube stereo hybrid these new electric mountain bikes are great if you've never tried one give it a go. I can now climb much steeper hill at twice the speed and I used to go around 15 miles a time but now it's around 25 miles you've go 5 settings from off up to turbo. For those who say it's cheating well its not its just different and the black and white one weighs in at 11kg where as the other is 21kg and I'm never really going to get super fit so being able to let the bike push harder is a great idea, the only down side is cost but I was lucky my wife paid for an anniversary present.

If you get the chance give one ago.

The pics didn't link

Have only see a few assisted bikes mostly being hybrids.

Definitely seems like my sort biking. Hate climbs :(

Alex, where's your favourite place you've ridden it?

I'm guessing by the pic that's Sherwood Pines (or maybe Cannock?)

Highly recommend Peaks out from Hope if you haven't tried it already.

Cannock is my favourite centre I've riden. Keep meaning to get out into the peaks but never seem to find time.

Will have to give it a blast one weekend.

Alex if you like Cannock,  you will love The Peaks coming down, but bear in mind there are some pretty tough climbs ;)  (TBH I like technical climbs)

I'd recommend going to Hope, up the old Roman Road, then across to Derwent. There's a nice figure of eight, that's a good starter for Peak newbies. It's a fair bit different from Cannock being much more natural and rocky.

"The Beast" coming down from Hope Cross is fun but does take a bit of nerve. 

Let me know when you want to come up Alex. You can park at my house & you are off road within a mile. This Track has just been completed which is great fun. I included it into a 4 hour ride I did last week http://www.ridesheffield.org.uk/tag/lady-cannings/.

Might have to take you up on that offer.

Alex if you like Cannock, you will love The Peaks coming down, but bear in mind there are some pretty tough climbs ;) (TBH I like technical climbs)

I'd recommend going to Hope, up the old Roman Road, then across to Derwent. There's a nice figure of eight, that's a good starter for Peak newbies. It's a fair bit different from Cannock being much more natural and rocky.

"The Beast" coming down from Hope Cross is fun but does take a bit of nerve.

Will also have to try this at some point.

Might have to pick your brains on some more routes at the next fish meet.

Whitwick has some great woodlands to ride in, we get riders from all over the place coming.

Ride whitwick fairly often. Scared the living daylights out of a couple walking a dog the other day while going over the ladders.

Well Alex I'm miles away from you but if you are ever in the Halesowen area feel free to drop in and try the hybrid. I was against it to start but then a friend got one and I have to say it's great, I kept the old bike as my daughter almost fits it and I still use it sometimes.

Alex I just got some of the carbon wheels to put on this PITA fitting the tyres and seating them

Only just got my riding bug back after a gap, would,like to ride the peaks, currently rebuilding fitness and stamina, this weekend will do Dragons Back or the Beast at Coed y Brenin and if legs up for it short red and blue on Sunday at Cannock.

85383607-93FE-40B9-AF7E-11E3BBE6BE2A_zps

IMG_0070.png

my bike - which is not nearly as good as my 12 yr olds - he just had a cube acid, cannock 2 weekends ago nearly killed him though. did both reds - follow the dog and monkey trail - great fun.

Archived