litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Reverie Seats

SCRken

Well I ordered my seat, frames and harness tonight from GSM. By far the cheapest I could find anyway.

Not sure if the fitting kit comes with the nylon spacer kit included though or it has to be bought separate...

Hopefully this one fits ok...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My seat came and I'm not totally happy with it

It has a few marks and imperfections but worst of which are on the seat base especially on the right thigh part where he weave is missing and it's bumpy.

Was anyone else's like his?

42FBAEDB-55FC-4A1A-B0F4-F0DA6853CF9D_zps

357D87D0-AFF2-4231-9486-5DAD563AD8D4_zps

reverie and the shop i got it from both say it is as per design and cant see a problem with it.

apparently my 2 options from them are

1. buy the more expensive seat (£325 more at my expense)

2. buy the cushions i didnt want in the first place (£165 out of pocket to cover a defect with something i didnt want anyway)

reverie and the shop i got it from both say it is as per design and cant see a problem with it.

apparently my 2 options from them are

1. buy the more expensive seat (£325 more at my expense)

2. buy the cushions i didnt want in the first place (£165 out of pocket to cover a defect with something i didnt want anyway)

No issues like that with mine, nor scatmans. I'd be badgering em. Trading standards worth a call.

Get your other half to ring up as a new customer and request detailed pictures!

im not happy at all with A the seat and B the service im getting to be honest.

If you look at my picture the seat base doesnt even look flat/smooth/

it is all over the place and wavey. seems like it has been made wrong? I think ive have been sold a duffer and they expect me to fork out more money on pads to hide it?

am i missing something here???

I think its poor. especially as mine aren't like this nor are scattys.

my point was to try and catch them out, by pretending to be a new customer and get detailed photos too see if the seats rippled.
it sounds like faulty seats.
alternatively play the sale of good card?

im not massively in tune with the legals of buying/selling however there will definitely be someone on here that is.

yeah i see what you are saying but i just want a quick reolution as i want a decent seat in the car and want the damn thing out of my living room!

Is your seat a B?

Theyre trying to tell me if im not happy spend more money on a C or seat pads and its my fault for expecting too much from my £750 seat...

got to mess around now waiting for couriers etc now to take the thing away etc.

thanks for that. -

Im sure they will take them back but im really dissapointed as i emailed the guy a few times to make sure these would fit how i wanted etc and was under the assumption they were high quality.

yeah i see what you are saying but i just want a quick reolution as i want a decent seat in the car and want the damn thing out of my living room!

Is your seat a B?

Theyre trying to tell me if im not happy spend more money on a C or seat pads and its my fault for expecting too much from my £750 seat...

got to mess around now waiting for couriers etc now to take the thing away etc.

mine are C's

scattys are B's

the bases flex a bit this is due to the carbon structure.

send em back and get your money back or a replacement seat.

sending the seat back for a refund

do yourself a favour and do not waste you time or money with reverie and GSMotorsport / sportseats4u.

sold me a rubbish seat which is clearly defective

told me i shouldn't have expected it to be right and i would have avoided disapointment

refused to aknowledge there is a defect which is clearly there

said if i want a seat that looks right i need to spend a further £325 with them

said i can buy cushions i didnt want at full RRP to cover the defect

Asked them for a refund and a courier to collect no earlier than friday as i work away and they arrange it for thursday.

both to be avoided

Archived