litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Reverie Seats

SCRken

hello

Has anyone tried either reverie B or C seats?

The B requires a nylon spacer kit which the C doesn't. i think the B is meant to sit slightly higher than the C.

Is the B higher or lower than standard seat?

Is the C lower than standard?

Do the reverie seats go back on the runners as far as an OEM seat or are they more reclined?

as the C is double skinned, is it thicker than the standard seat? If so does it restrict how far back the seat goes?

thanks for any info

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got the "B" seats and I think Alex has the "C" version...

Difficult to answer some of your questions as Alex has an s1 and me an s2. I'm 6ft 4 and find it fine. It would go further back apart from it hits the harness bar, but from what I can remember from my standard seats on my previous exige it seems fairly similar.

Shame you aren't nearer, you could have tried them out...

thanks for the reply and the offer but yes im miles away!

mine is an s3 elise so prob very similar to your S2 seat position and im also 6ft4

my standard seat is literally locked in its last click when it touches the harness bar so it does go right back as far as the runners allow but would go no further.

Im not sure if the reverie seats are more reclined (like tilletts) or thicker than OEM seats (like tilletts) so would hit the bar before they slide right back on the runner? The B looks quite thin, the C looks thicker like the tillett B5 i had

do yours feel lower in the car than standard? reverie said as you use a nylon spacer on the B, they may be slightly higher than the C...

if you get time could you post a photo of the seat right back as far as it will go and where the runners are in relation to this please?

The mul C sits very low, the brackets need changing to fit them.

As far as I know the goes back the same amount as the standard seats and are roughly the same thickness. There is very little to them weight wise.

Mine are currently out of the car. If you fancy a day out you are more than welcome to trail fit my drivers side.

Thanks for both the offers to try the seat. Unfortunately I'm offshore just now so unable o take you up on it

In the photos that C appears thicker as it has a X on the back where the B appears smooth

Also the B requires 10mm nylon spacers so not sure if it is much higher than the C, which doesn't use the spacers.

If you could get a couple of photos it would help alot.

Thanks

That's the best I can do. It does look like it could go back 1 more click, in the second pic, but there is now at it would, it's touching the harness bar virtually. Maybe it is slightly angled then...

We've got a mini meet next week, if I remember il sit in Kieran's standard seats and see if I think they are lower or not....

post-4355-0-50609800-1441123772_thumb.jpg

post-4355-0-75578000-1441123804_thumb.jpg

post-4355-0-42585000-1441123836_thumb.jpg

That's much appreciated. Thanks for doing that

It looks like they do go right back to the bulkhead same as the OEM seat

Though there is some runner left to go, I think the seat sits further back on the runner so cannot really be compared to the standard seat runner position if you get what I mean.

Looking at the difference to the passenger side and drivers side the difference looks about the same as OEM ( drivers seat about 1'' further back) so think these might work for me

Had to tell if they're any lower but most people say they are

Thanks again

Thanks for both the offers to try the seat. Unfortunately I'm offshore just now so unable o take you up on it

In the photos that C appears thicker as it has a X on the back where the B appears smooth

Also the B requires 10mm nylon spacers so not sure if it is much higher than the C, which doesn't use the spacers.

If you could get a couple of photos it would help alot.

Thanks

No worries, it's only 4bolts so when you get back give me a shout if you are still undecided.

You are right they do sit further back on the runner.

The mul C sits very low, the brackets need changing to fit them.

As far as I know the goes back the same amount as the standard seats and are roughly the same thickness. There is very little to them weight wise.

Mine are currently out of the car. If you fancy a day out you are more than welcome to trail fit my drivers side.

Alex, do the C sit you lower than the standard S1 cloth seat?

Thanks

You could custom make some fixed Aluminium seat mounts. You could use 6mm ply or MDF as a template. Out of the car you work out the distance from seat to floor then fit and tilt towards the bulkhead. It's not difficult to do or expensive. Saves weight.

Although MOG seats, gives you an idea. Old car btw, and I'm 5,9. Winters coming, project time maybe.......

post-3191-0-36579100-1441137719_thumb.jpg

Archived