litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Big Power For The Lego Brick Continued

I have been meaning to update the thread for ages but now it has been archived so I thought I would revive it! 

Old Thread here http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/60190-big-power-for-the-lego-brick/page-9#entry

dsc_0991_med.jpeg

Engine fitted.

dsc_0992_med.jpeg

Charge Cooler modified and in place.

dsc_0997_med.jpeg

A few bits fitted around the engine'

dsc_0998_med.jpeg

dsc_0999_med.jpeg

A new wiring loom was made for the Adaptronic ECU and also the ECU was mounted behind the passenger seat rather than in the boot.

dsc_1000_med.jpeg

Garrett 28/67 viewed through a removable access panel.

Dave.

Heat shield for the Turbo

dsc_0009_med.jpeg

Access panel and wiring tidied up.

dsc_0011_med.jpeg

Engine loom bound. I have also used a separate coil rater than the original coil pack.

dsc_0001_med.jpeg

"Strung up"

dsc_0016_med.jpeg

Back in one piece!

dsc_0017_med-2.jpeg

Dave

The car has now been on the road for a couple of years with no real problems and covered several thousand miles.

I have upgraded the ECU from the 420 to the 440 which has the facility to run Traction Control. This has posed a few problems interfacing it with the 4 channel ABS so as not to throw up any faults but after a lot of research and building various circuits a solution has been found. I just need to program all the parameters within the ECU which is not going to be a 10 minute job!

I have also made my own 3" exhaust system to replace the 2blar as it was a bit noisy for my liking.

dsc_0284_med.jpeg

dsc_0286_med.jpeg

dsc_0293-3_med.jpeg

dsc_0299-2_med.jpeg

Some results compared with my Sprinter van. (the meter is a decent quality one and calibrated at Donington park where it showed comparable results to there meter)

rpm          VX             Sprinter

900          68.5           60

2000        76              70

3000        81              75

4000        84              80

5000        89

6000        93

Dave.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remembering I did have one problem. On the high boost setting the coolant system would become pressurised and stay pressurised when all had cooled down. This was overcome by fitting ARP Head Studs as opposed to the OE stretch bolts, "Head Lifting" is well known among those that run high power on this engine, the OE gasket has also been found to be more reliable than the After Market "High Performance" gaskets! While it was apart I also cleaned up the head and "Lapped" it flat.

dsc_0223_med.jpeg

dsc_0226_med.jpeg

Jonnyfox. Do you still see Simon? I spoke to him last week and he still remains carless!!

Scatty. Its a few BHP up from when Simon had it and Rob there are enough horses in the stable.

Another project for the winter is to try and make a "Gizmo" from an old ABS controller to enable the ABS unit to be bled.

Dave

I'll have to pop up and see you at some point Dave, it's been a while.

Can't believe Simon has been car less for this long. He should never have bought that 911!

Do you see DG at all?

Archived