litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Which Oil ?

Pie Warrior

Any preference from the 5 listed below,  I have used the Shell Helix in the past.

Car only likely to be used on road and do less than 3000 miles a year.......It is a std. S1 elise  118 bhp

Fuchs TITAN SUPERSYN 5W-40 High Performance, Fully Synthetic Engine Oil - Service Pack: 5 litres

Discounted Price

£30.95 inc VAT

£25.79 ex VAT

Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil - Recommended by Ferrari - Service Pack: 5 litres

Discounted Price

£30.95 inc VAT

£25.79 ex VAT

Millers Oils XF LONGLIFE 5w-40 Full Synthetic Engine Oil - Service Pack: 5 litres

Discounted Price

£31.03 inc VAT

£25.86 ex VAT

Motul 8100 X-cess 5W-40 Petrol and Diesel fully synthetic engine oil - Service Pack: 5 litres

Special Price

£31.98 inc VAT

£26.65 ex VAT

Mobil Super 3000 X1 5W-40 Engine Oil (formerly Mobil Synt S 5W-40) - Service Pack: 5 litres

Discounted Price

£32.95 inc VAT

£27.46 ex VAT

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opie recommended to me an ester based synthetic. This is the best stuff apparently, so I went with Gulf Race oil. It's on offer at the moment, have you seen the separate thread?

Mine is a standard 120 bhp s2 k series btw.

My Elise book says Lotus engineers wanted to fit oil coolers to standard elises because oil cooling was marginal. If that's right then it might be worth getting the best oil you can. An extra tenner or so every year seems worth it to me, especially as my car has done 103000 miles.

If it ain't your money it's a no brainer surely.

My Elise book says Lotus engineers wanted to fit oil coolers to standard elises because oil cooling was marginal. If that's right then it might be worth getting the best oil you can. An extra tenner or so every year seems worth it to me, especially as my car has done 103000 miles.

If it ain't your money it's a no brainer surely.

Steve j

Always go for the best you can afford at the time don't look at cheapest so if you can get the best go get it please don't own a Lotus and go cheap :)

I've used Silkolene Pro S 5-40 (now Fuchs Titan) in all my supercharged Lotuses and it really is brilliant stuff.  Very good HTHS which (as the letters suggest) provides the very best protection at high temperatures.

Archived