litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Gav Opened A Can Of Worms - Lotus Denying All Knowledge

P4N Lotus

So finally met Gav, very decent guy glad everyone persuaded meto go to unit 4, looks impressive setup. Anyway, 1 day with Gav back from the MOT... Gav returns to say, it passed but...it shouldn't have..

Gav then pops open my boot, unscrews a few bolts lifts out the panel where the lighting it, fiddles around with the wiring and lights... Looks at me and says "I don't think lotus built your car right" , he continues to prod around with the wires and fiddles and says , "reverse and fog lights been set up the wrong way round, and must been Lotus"

Bare in mind this car has has full lotus service, and MOTs arranged by lotus too and nothing had been picked up until Gav had it for a day. Gav then thinks that reason why no one has mentioned it previously is because they'd known it involved removing the bumper and probably were being too lazy to mention it.

So contacted lotus today, they said nothing was on build notes and as far as they concerned the car was built correctly and there's noting wrong with it. Then said it was and their answer was well it's been through MOTs nothing was mentioned during those and regardless your car is out of Warranty. So basically lotus have told me to do one and it's not their problem and won't be looking at this further, so they are telling me that some how the car fairy has managed to swap my reverse light and fog light around? And so I'm now in a position where Lotus deny it's them, refuse to fix it, surely regardless of it being out of warranty why did they never mention it previously to me during services and mots, which lotus stratstone arranged. Regardless of it out of warranty surely it's their duty to build a road car legally and if they haven't then rectify it. So I'm I'm a position now where duno what to do, wiring would need moving around and lights need swapping around. Lotus not bothered and don't really want to pay to fix a fault which the factory is the most likely cause of the mistake, I can't think of any other reason for this.

Or is this a "normal lotus characteristic"

Not only this but stratstone lotus did my last service they must have removed my dipstick , so I haven't got a dipstick either just had to order that too.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not familiar with the Evora's rear lights, Could be the wrong loom from a LHD ?

Lotus surely have to correct regardless of warranty or not.... I would get on to Lotus HQ customer services.

Good old Gav..... :-) ha ha ha ha, he's like one of them drugs dogs sniffing problems out.....

We told you he was good....

What Andy says. Keep pestering them.

**** I did warn you not to mention his hot tub********

Good old Gav..... :-) ha ha ha ha, he's like one of them drugs dogs sniffing problems out.....

We told you he was good....

What Andy says. Keep pestering them.

**** I did warn you not to mention his hot tub********

I want a hot tub, how much are they

If there's only one reversing light and one fog light, they have to be on the correct side.

A neighbour had this with a Ford truck he bought new.  It went to Ford for servicing and (obviously) no MoT for the first 3yrs.  He then went independent and it failed its first MoT because the reverse and fog lights were the wrong way round.  Ford accepted that they'd supplied and serviced the truck, and sorted it.

So, it can happen at build, but won't necessarily be picked up at services as they're probably not checked.

Dipstick at the last service....... Come on Paul get under that toaster more often.

This! Paul, I don't know if the Evora is fitted with a low oil light, but it's worth having a look periodically. I check mine prior to start, and take a good look for anything that shouldn't be there. For my daily drives, I check oil every fortnight, tyre pressures too, tyre tread for wear and foreign objects, all lamps (!), and replenish coolant and washer fluid as required. I had to do it daily on military vehicles prior to use and I guess some habits die hard.

????

Im confused......do the lights work?.....

do you have one fog one reverse......

does it matter which side theyre on?.......

Im not saying its right or wrong but if its just a case of the one on the right is on the left and visa versa youre not going to notice it unless youre parked next to another one in the fog or going backwards..........

I agree if it is wrong this should have been picked up ages ago........Im guessing you didn't spot it either when you bought the car

just sort of thinking out loud

Fog light must be central or to the offside for MOT (and construction and use regs).

phew! Just checked mine are on the right side. Learn something new every day.

The missing dipstick would annoy me more but then again I couldn't even tell you where the dipstick is on mine as I have never looked for it LOL!

A missing dip-stick also surely means (a) crank-case ventilation where it shoudn't be, (b.) an unsealed channel for sump contamination by dirt and water, and (c.) lead to potential loss of oil...

????

Im confused......do the lights work?.....

do you have one fog one reverse......

Im not saying its right or wrong but if its just a case of the one on the right is on the left and visa versa youre not going to notice it unless youre parked next to another one in the fog or going backwards..........

I agree if it is wrong this should have been picked up ages ago........Im guessing you didn't spot it either when you bought the car

just sort of thinking out loud

I wasn't even aware , I wouldn't have known either like most others didn't seem too, you kinda hope the car manufacturer builds the car to the legal standard

Good old Gav..... :-) ha ha ha ha, he's like one of them drugs dealers no he's got his new daily driver.....

Edited for accuracy Scatty smile.png

Have you seen his new ride?

Archived