Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

One For Alex B

AlanS1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Still could be a good car with cat C

It more than likely is, however I lost a lot of money on a cat C car a few years back.

That red BnC car is very nice. It's on my watch list.

I agree cat C may not be a big issue but I would want it on Gav's ramps for a proper look first. If it wasn't cat C and painted in Du Pont 'polished turd' it would be an £18k car.

I agree cat C may not be a big issue but I would want it on Gav's ramps for a proper look first. If it wasn't cat C and painted in Du Pont 'polished turd' it would be an £18k car.

If not more looking at the price of the other two 190's up currently granted one is a castle lotus car and has been for sale since God was a lad.

• 2 weeks later...

A very well known car and built by a midlander - Mark (Kumatai69). The spec and attention to detail that Mark had with that car was second to non. The majority of the work was done by MSC.

For those who don't remember Mark, imagine a car built by DrH but used a bit more frequently! ;)

That's Mark Hobsons old car. It was sold by MSC a couple of years back. I know it went for over £30k at the time.

Have seen it in the flesh few times and it was always spotless. Not just clean but absolutely spotless.

A very well known car and built by a midlander - Mark (Kumatai69). The spec and attention to detail that Mark had with that car was second to non. The majority of the work was done by MSC.

For those who don't remember Mark, imagine a car built by DrH but used a bit more frequently! wink.png

Oi! I hate to say but it was cleaner than mine!

Here's a question for Dr H and others with conversions giving over 300 bhp in an Elise or Exige - how come not many people put wider wheels and tyres on? I would have thought that traction becomes a real problem with that much power, even on semi - slicks?

I know of a few that have put wider rubber but they tend to be super high power cars maybe 500+.

I've had mine loss traction on track but you have to try pretty hard to make it do that. On the road there's no real way you can get it to the point of breaking traction without doing stupid stuff so not really an issue - for me anyway.

Archived