litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Rear Brake Discs. What Are You Using...

jonnyfox

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Elise parts 2 piece alli belled discs all around on my S1 (because they look good ;0) )

I have just put these on all round on the S1, Not had chance to use in anger yet thou

I have Elise parts Ali bells on the front and Pagids on the rear, I find on track they overheat on the rear and get lots of air after a trackday once re bled, so will be going for a libels on the rear too.

I've cracked solids on the rear of the S2.

Steve Alcons, tell me more......

I fitted Alcons (with PF pads) to the rear of the S2, there was a noticeable difference in bias from the rear. I only used them once unfortunately.... Kaboom :-( Actually I need to speak with Keith about what he thought....sorry thinking out loud.

Anyway Steve......

Hi Jon.

There's a pic or two in my garage http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/garage/vehicle/259-s1-elise-exige/?tab=images

Not cheap at the time but were equivalent to the AP 3000 series rather than the cheaper 5000 series.

Had them a few years, lasted well but need to find a better pad and calliper combination to increase stopping power whilst reducing effort needed stamping on the brake peddle.

Archived