litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Litp Lotus Type 79 The Big Build.....

kieranexige

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when it's finished you will have to get a plinth made and get her mounted (the car not the wife)with a build date....LOL!!!!!

Hahaha I definitely will. Will try for a certificate from classic team lotus hahaha.

Small update tonight...

I've been faffing around with the smallest harnesses in the world.

Apart from those just a few small bits on the nose and the fuel pump tonight.....

DSC_8449.jpg

DSC_8452.jpg

DSC_8455.jpg

DSC_8457.jpg

You look to be making a real nice job of that Kieran, have you built many kits before?

Thanks Phil,

No never done one so I'm just taking my time. Kerri has said she will have to buy me another as I've got lots of paint and it keeps me out of the garage.

Nice job so far Kieran. Looks very fiddly indeed but will be the business when it's finished. I assume you're scouring the model makers classifieds for some colour coded valve caps for it ;)

Dean - a Lotus model would make a great LitP prize every year, with the recipient having to build it and display it the following year!

Dean - a Lotus model would make a great LitP prize every year, with the recipient having to build it and display it the following year!

Good idea Dave, just so you know it's my dreaded annual task.

I spoke with Jody earlier, he's in touch with CTL and he's gonna tell 'em about the 'build thread'!

Nice job so far Kieran. Looks very fiddly indeed but will be the business when it's finished. I assume you're scouring the model makers classifieds for some colour coded valve caps for it wink.png

wonder if you can get hold of a mini cleaning, polish and wax kit for him Dave

Nice job so far Kieran. Looks very fiddly indeed but will be the business when it's finished. I assume you're scouring the model makers classifieds for some colour coded valve caps for it ;)

Great idea Dave. Kieran you will bring it to LitP next year won't you?

Archived