litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

More Power Out The K Series?!

Thomas Harborne

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fitted 135mgtf cams, std ecu std pulleys and a fettled S2 manifold and S2 down pipe, I have a Janspeed super sport exhaust and a silenced De cat.

It made 136bhp and 133 lbf of torque and is great fun!

It holds its own around donnington and on the A roads is mega!

I fitted a 340r/S1exige exhaust manifold (large bore) to try and it was crap! Torque loss all over!

Mines still on a plastic inlet manifold too.

I fitted an S2 ITG carbon induction as I preferred the straight through design than the convoluted S1 version.

My engine was a good one though and did pull well already.

She weighed in at 760 with half a tank.

I fitted 135mgtf cams, std ecu std pulleys and a fettled S2 manifold and S2 down pipe, I have a Janspeed super sport exhaust and a silenced De cat.

It made 136bhp and 133 lbf of torque and is great fun!

It holds its own around donnington and on the A roads is mega!

I fitted a 340r/S1exige exhaust manifold (large bore) to try and it was crap! Torque loss all over!

Mines still on a plastic inlet manifold too.

I fitted an S2 ITG carbon induction as I preferred the straight through design than the convoluted S1 version.

My engine was a good one though and did pull well already.

She weighed in at 760 with half a tank.

In my opinion this is the perfect power for the Elise and very affordable, I sometimes wish I had stuck with something more simple

That looks like you spent more than £3k on it.......... ;-)

Yep..... I haven't added it all up, Don't want to know total ohmy.png

Hi I have a fully ported 1.8 head here for sale,just been ported 3 angle seat, refaced head, reface valves can supply head gasket,bolts,water pump,cam belt if needed.

I run my own business porting and polishing, and full short engine builds to road,race,rally spec.

See post in link below, Great little upgrade, I'm sure Jody will be along later to confirm :tup:

Thanks Andy, just took a look at that post. He says he can now rev to 7,000rpm? I've only had the car 3-4 weeks. Not sure of what engine mods have been done other than the obvious that i can see, but i am able to rev to 7k rpm as it is. Is it limited as standars then?

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/63731-135-mgtf-cams-fitted-to-my-std-s1/?hl=%2B135+%2Bcams

Over time and through gradual/natural repalcement I've had a Hurricane induction, 52mm Throttle Body, ported & polished head, Janspeed manifold and RoadSport exhaust and the last time it was on a RR I was at about 126BHP - which I was disappointed about.

It's been off the road for a few weeks for some work (cat disintegrated and blocked the exhaust)

I picked it up yesterday and am currently running without a cat as I have one on 8 week back order and it feels like a completely different car.

I notice that you're in Brum and I'd be more than happy to go for a spin to let you see how it drives with all of the above, if you're interested ?

I'd be more than happy to see someone elses progress in the flesh :-)

Hi I have a fully ported 1.8 head here for sale,just been ported 3 angle seat, refaced head, reface valves can supply head gasket,bolts,water pump,cam belt if needed.

I run my own business porting and polishing, and full short engine builds to road,race,rally spec.

Do you mind me asking how much you want for the head? And how much it would be for a similar head but with bigger valves?

Hi for my head with std valves and springs only will be £400 and your head in exchange.

Or I can do your head with bigger valves £275, valves and refacing head,3 angle seat are extra.

Tel 07809762323 Steve for any more info.

Archived