litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Not A Good Start To The Day !

@ndy

Ouch sorry Andy..

Always horrible to see that... I had a similar thing in a works car a few years ago... Arctic driver took the whole side off my car and never stopped.

Hope the insurance company are kind.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope it can be fixed, and not written off. And glad you were OK.

The only positive is that you at least were able to bring the LF1 along later on. I have to say, they did look rather good together...

Really sorry to see this Andy. Far too many incompetent idiots on the road nowadays. He was probably checking Facebrag on his phone at the time.

Hope you get it sorted soon, and glad you're not hurt. That's the main thing.

Had the car recovered to Option1 today and popped over to speak to Frank.... he was confident that as long as no chassis damage it wont get written off, This is based on a lot of previous experience, So fingers crossed I get some good news early next week ?

Had the car recovered to Option1 today and popped over to speak to Frank.... he was confident that as long as no chassis damage it wont get written off, This is based on a lot of previous experience, So fingers crossed I get some good news early next week ?

Its in the best mans hands for fiberglass . Frank knows his stuff

There is always a deal to be done with the insurance you can get less of a payout and they wont write it off but at the same time you will have to work out what is the best as the car is now getting a lot more rare then as a write of the price wont drop a massive amount where as the insurance may drop the payout by a thousand. The only thing you must do no mater what you do is take lots of photos of how minor the damage is because when you come to sell it its really important. I have brought a few cars in the past still in their smashed up state then put them back on the road for a few hundred pounds, i'm sure its all some sort of insurance scam. They will write a car of now at the drop of a hat saying it has thousands of pounds worth of damage the last one I got for my daughter was a Swift for £1800 the insurance said it had a repair cost of £4800 it cost me £600 total to put it back on the road if it were a normal straight purchase it would have been around £6000 a bargain.

Good luck and glad your ok

The insurer has to take in to account repair times (including parts availability), new parts cost,and retail labour rates, possible further damage etc.

Strangely insurer prefer to fit new panels than repair for some reason?

Insurers write cars off purely on economics but that is not only down to repairs.

I hope this gets sorted but do not be too harsh on the hgv drive, we can all miss seeing a car/motorbike, thankfully as everyone seems in 1 piece so not the end of the world and if he holds his hands up to the insurance he clearly is not all bad

Archived