litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Not A Good Start To The Day !

@ndy

On my way to Curborough for some sprinting fun this morning and some clown in a lorry decided to change lanes..... Luckily I was not hurt, cant say the same for my S1 thou !

Absolutely gutted as you can imagine crybaby.gif

gallery_4172_1257_281364.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Andy, that must have been a bit scary! The main thing is that you're ok. I guess he "didn't see you"? This situation is maddening as your car will get some kind of Cat status which effects it's resale value, none of which was your fault!

Best of luck getting it sorted matey.

Oh Andy, that must have been a bit scary! The main thing is that you're ok. I guess he "didn't see you"? This situation is maddening as your car will get some kind of Cat status which effects it's resale value, none of which was your fault!

Best of luck getting it sorted matey.

Didn't know this... Surely if it's easily fixed it wouldn't apply ..? Cat Status to be avoided if atall possible !

Hi SundayDriver, I'm not sure either to be honest! But if you go through the insurance it'll cost more and they may take the cost of repair against the value of the car and write it off as too expensive to fix. Maybe just see what happens.

There is a good chance it will be written off but hopefully not..... Either way I will be keeping the car.

Driver admitted he didn't see me, I gathered this as it took him about 5-10 seconds before he stopped driving in to me, I actually drove out of the accident once I realised what was happening !

Archived