litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What An Evora :)

cjwjames

Having seen Gav's car in the flesh at Brooklands I have to say (and I hope his head doesn't swell too much) it's the best looking Lotus I've ever seen. Not just the fact it's a GTE, but also the colour combo is absolutely fabulous and really suits giving a lovely subtle contrast to the carbon fibre.

So for that alone I think it's worth the premium over a "regular" Evora which are hardly shabby cars in the first place. 

For the price, would I buy one? Tough question. The Exige was bad enough self justifying (especially as I'd  spent similar money six months earlier on my DD). If I was only buying a single car though I could have been seriously tempted.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I Just spent 3 hours washing, polishing, glazing, high gloss resin and waxing my GTE so let's hope for good weather! Cool 2 GTE's!

Gav

• 3 months later...

Shame we missed each other buddy. I had a pax before the rain set in, sounded bloody awesome from inside, pulled beautifully and the front end had real bite for a car with a standard set up and unique geo. Then again Gav is no ordinary driver, it still has the original Swindon engine.

Shame we missed each other buddy. I had a pax before the rain set in, sounded bloody awesome from inside, pulled beautifully and the front end had real bite for a car with a standard set up and unique geo. Then again Gav is no ordinary driver, it still has the original Swindon engine.

Yeah would been good ro finally meet. I watched it for quite a few laps and the engine sounded like nothing else out there. The exhaust pitch was quiet high, will try and upload a video

https://youtu.be/237YieX1B78

Archived