litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Exige Suspension Refurb.

KurtB

Pffffffft. This is taking time. I didn't think I'd say it but I'm getting a bit fed up of working on my car. I'll explain:

Today, while the under trays are off and the rear is pointing skyward, I decided to fit the catalytic converter as it'll be MoT time when the car is ready to roll. I have a full 2bular fitted manifold and system, and a CRP and Sport Cat. Tried to fit the cat but the U bend before the silencer won't allow enough movement to allow the cat V band clamp flanges to meet each other. Remove U bend, trim off 1". Fit and sorted? Nope. after tightening the lot (including the tailpipe, past the 8" silencer, I noted the cat and silencer are touching. Grrrrrr, undo it all again, and fit a spacer between the cat and silencer, re torque everything, happy! 

Just gone to fit the custom made under tray (made to clear the low 2bular manifold) and it doesn't seem to fit. I've just walked away, because fatigue is kicking in. I'll take a look another day.

I'm really hoping that first drive will give me the love back, or I'll be wobbling again! The current crush is an Ariel Nomad, watch this space....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huzzzzzaaaaaaaarrrrrr! We are down off axle stands and ready for a long drive to the MoT tester. I've got to save some pennies now for the insurance, MoT and tax and then we're on the road! Then it'll be 500 miles of bedding stuff in, then tyres, corner weights and geo. I'm going to try to sort the latter 2 myself at work as they have the facilities I believe.

Excited!

post-4214-0-58990900-1444571310_thumb.jpeg

Thank you gentlemen. It's good to have it back in one piece, I'm grafting as hard as I can to get it back on the road now. I must be doing something rights as 2 of the lads at work reckoned I was putting them to shame by being so industrious on Friday afternoon. Thing is, it's my Monday, so I'm feeling really fresh and good to go. The alternative is a combination of Disney's Frozen, nappy changes, play parks, lego and jigsaws, it's no contest really. I just need another month to pass by now :-/

I have those ITBs and that air box on my VVC. Can you use the Lotus carbon air box with them? Actual Kurt can you give me the run down on your engine please....

....Venus Williams just walked past me! Thought I'd mention it, I have no one to tell lol.

Hey Kurt, I've always loved the look of your exige and just read the entire thread. Well done fella you've done a brilliant job and inspired me to pull my finger out and get cracking on mine.

Cheers guys. The suspension refresh was always staring me in the face, but the cracked shocks forced my hand. It's now ready to go and I'm saving for the insurance, mot and tax. Not long now.

Venus Williams Jonny? Is she that tennis player? Any photos?

The engine in my car is the original but from memory it has the Scholar Evo 2 upgrade. It's 1900cc, not sure what cams, and has been rolling road tuned at Emerald to 218bhp. I've had it tuned to be tractable on road, and it pulls cleanly to 8000rpm (and beyond, if required).

I had 2 track day issues with the original Titan T/Bs jamming wide open despite a rebuild between events so fitted the Jenvey's, after reprofiling them internally to fit. I fitted the Bernard Scouse air box at the same time.

I still have the carbon one and have investigated fitting it to the current set up, but to do it cleanly I'd lose the boot divider panel, which I'm not prepared to do. I'll work on a solution when it bugs me enough.

Hope that's enough info? Just can't wait to get it out there now. I'll be calling Reis and Henderson Taylor this week, I'm close now, might need a celebratory drive to hassop!

Archived