litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

3-Eleven..........

kieranexige

Alex that is the engine I was thinking of - I know 3 cylinders would put some people off but I bet they sound good - different but good - and 140 reliable bhp is plenty.

Simon you are probably right about the fun police. Perhaps by offering a track only car without all that stuff that people could 'convert' to road use it might be possible to get round the rules. Or engineer the cars so that those components could easily be removed.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex that is the engine I was thinking of - I know 3 cylinders would put some people off but I bet they sound good - different but good - and 140 reliable bhp is plenty.

Simon you are probably right about the fun police. Perhaps by offering a track only car without all that stuff that people could 'convert' to road use it might be possible to get round the rules. Or engineer the cars so that those components could easily be removed.

I'm very surprised no one has put one in an Elise yet.

We saw the 1.6ecoboost in an Elsie the other year at donington lotus festival.

It amazes me that caterham can still produce the 7, given all the crash regulations. I guess low production numbers are not cumulative.

I seem to remember it was 1000 annual per manufacturer across Europe... though I could be making that up.

Archived