litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige Thoughts Please Fellow Mlocers

cjwjames

Travelled to see this car yesterday put an offer in on it stripes are vynel so could be removed car and owner seem very genuine only concern is clocks were changed at 9k as faulty by company named frosts of west Sussex ( I've never heard of them ) mileage is documented and mots are in order would like your feedback advise and comments please on colour also clocks replaced Thanks. Colin

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s2/lotus-exige-s-perfomance-sports-240bhp-2009/4359493

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Nice.

I really wish the wife would have let me buy a isotope car. Nice low mileage aswell. I agree with the decals I would remove myself and buff the paintwork to a high gloss, but that's my own taste and everyone's different.

I have heard of the clocks failing so as long as the records back it up It wouldn't worry me too much

Only discrepancy I can see is that it states a forged intercooler? From that I take it they mean forge the manufacturer? If that's the case its wrong as in the photos the one on the car is a standard item.

Get it bought........

Sounds as if there could be a s2 exige increase at Chatsworth this year ...... we parking in a line like the s1's did last year Scat?

Ha ha ha, no problem with this car, it's a minter....I was offered a look at it before it went for sale but wanted the uplift model...

Wait for it....

It's owned by our very own Alex's uncle..... :-)

I'm sure he will be along soon..... But it's wanted for nothing I don't think under his ownership....

I wasn't keen on the colour scheme personally, I think I'd strip it off and leave plain or put some black decals on like on C1rvy's....but I love the isotope green.....

Our clocks went faulty at 6 months after 1000 miles (mileage showed 640000 miles), replaced by Lotus without problem.

I wouldn't worry about the speedo change given it's documented. As for Isotope green it looks stunning particularly if you tri-stripe it like Cirvy's Exige.

Travelled to see this car yesterday put an offer in on it stripes are vynel so could be removed car and owner seem very genuine only concern is clocks were changed at 9k as faulty by company named frosts of west Sussex ( I've never heard of them ) mileage is documented and mots are in order would like your feedback advise and comments please on colour also clocks replaced Thanks. Colin

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s2/lotus-exige-s-perfomance-sports-240bhp-2009/4359493

its my uncles car,

The stripes suit the car very well looks alt better in the flesh that on photo and where fitted by lotus from new as far as I'm aware.

All work has been carried out by lotus dealers.

Frosts was a lotus dealer in Brighton at the time of the above work.

Regarding clocks it's a common fault on later dash units. If memory serves right meister has had some issues with his.

Hi Alex

ha ha.. since found out you are the nephew Jeff refers to :)

no I'm happy with everything with the car have seen it as you know ( i first saw the car when it was advertised on pistonheads last year and took a day of work to make the drive down on thursday to see the car )

in terms of its provence I personly not to keen on the stripes and the side decals

All said I have had a conversation with your uncle yesterday ( Friday ) and increased my offer by an amount stated by your uncle to buy the car !!!( asked him how much more to buy the car ) ... but you will already know that : /

So asked jeff ( your uncle and nice guy ) what i would have to pay to clinch the deal !!

So have agreed to pay what he wants ... still waiting :(

So it would be wrong to make further comment on here :) .. But thanks to everybody as usual guys MLOC never lets you down looking forward to chatsworth !

Regarding clocks it's a common fault on later dash units. If memory serves right meister has had some issues with his.

Alex your memory does indeed serve you well! However after doing some fairly detailed research into this I decided not to replace the dash as mine only develops the problem when the dashboard is red hot from the sun But cjwjames I really wouldn't let the fact that this car has had it's dash changed as lots of cars had this done, so as long as the documentation matches up I genuinely wouldn't let that put you off. 

Also from the pics it looks like a well specced and tidy car in one of the best colours IMO! So if you are happy with price I'd go for it....with they way S2 Exige prices are holding it's as good as money in the bank Sir!

Mark

Iirc, any problem with the dash means a new dash unit, and hence a new mileage clock.

If a dealer sells a car, and the dash has a problem, it has to be replaced.

I nearly bought a Elise with that problem.

Cheers

Dan

Archived