litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Results Are In........

@ndy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments guys, Looking forward to actually driving it, Hopefully will get it thru it's MOT on the emissions with the CAT back on !

Andy, you have started me fiddling again      smile.png      Any chance of a pic of the TB set up? It turns out im only getting 87% throttle opening on mine at WOT.

Bloody things are awkward on a Sport 190. I had to remove the backplate on the TB,s to access the linkage. Anyway i then recalibrated the TPS on the Emerald by operating the linkage by hand to WOT. Jumped in the car and operated the accelerator whilst watching the Emerald live screen. Result 87% opening.

I Can get it to 90% with cable adjustment. After that it will not return to 0% when you release the accelerator. Either the throttle  cable is worn or sticking or the return springs on the Jenveys are worn? A bit of both i expect. I just need to find out if its a standard throttle cable?

There is a fair bit being lost in butterfly opening between 90 and 100% obviously.

There is a lot to be said for having an Emerald on the car    smile.png

Sorry for the long winded slight thread drift. Someone may find it useful though.

Never got round to changing to unequal trumpets, so very impressed with the figures.

I'm running Titan TB's with cream injectors and standard fuel pressure regulator, I have also removed the IAC valve...... If you still want some photos let me know.

Andy,

Kevin at Dynotech did my vhpd mapping and I am very pleased with it. I recommended him to Martin and you got the message from him. He reallly knows his stuff. My car is standard apart for verniers and an Emerald ecu and made 188bhp, i am pleased with that. It had no problems with the Mot running open loop so you should be fine.

My car is back at Dyno tech next week having an oil leak fixed, which resulted in a small fire going round Craners last week.

Hi K

Andy,

Kevin at Dynotech did my vhpd mapping and I am very pleased with it. I recommended him to Martin and you got the message from him. He reallly knows his stuff. My car is standard apart for verniers and an Emerald ecu and made 188bhp, i am pleased with that. It had no problems with the Mot running open loop so you should be fine.

My car is back at Dyno tech next week having an oil leak fixed, which resulted in a small fire going round Craners last week.

Hi Keith,

Kevin was telling me about a customer who had a fire at Donington over the weekend, Didn't realise it was your car, Hope it's OK ?

The good news is my car passed it's MOT today with a little help from my friendly MOT tester cool.png Looking forward to taxing it on Wed and having a proper drive with de-cat back on :tup:

Looks like no major damage was done. A small oil leak dripped down on the diffuser close to the exhaust, the puddle then caught light with lots of smoke. I think the only damage is a toasted drive shaft gaiter and the iacv pipes. I think the leak is from the cam carrier. Kevin is going to pressure test it. I knew it had a small leak as that goes with k series engines.

Mine passed the mot in open loop mode with ease, i expect your engine is a bit hotter as it has more horses.

Dyno tech have checked my car, no engine oil leaks, it was a failed drive shaft gaiter which dropped its grease on to the exhaust. All fixed now. The exhaust and drive shaft gaiter are very close, car now has a heat shield between them.

Vhpd howl all the way down the a38, very childish but sounds so good, I think it is the throttle bodies that do it.

Glad your car is OK, Common cause of fires on the Elise are the drive shaft gaiters.... Would be interested to see the heat shield that's been fitted ?

Archived