litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise (S2) Soft-Top Mid Front Lifting At Speed.

macey

Sorry if this has been asked/answered many times (I DID a search).

The mid front lifts and lets the wind in.

Is this normal or do I need to tighten the front cable?

I am talking of speeds 90 + (on the Isle of Man).

I get the feeling I am about to be told I shouldn't be doing thos sort of speeds with a soft top on..

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has been asked/answered many times (I DID a search).

The mid front lifts and lets the wind in.

Is this normal or do I need to tighten the front cable?

I am talking of speeds 90 + (on the Isle of Man).

I get the feeling I am about to be told I shouldn't be doing thos sort of speeds with a soft top on..

My new one did exactly the same thing. Few turns of the turn-buckle adjuster and all sorted!

The roof is supposedly good for 145mph (or at least that's where Lotus set the limiter for the Exige Roadster).

Not sure where your adjuster is (mine is in the centre under a flap on the new car, but was at the outside edge on my previous car).

....Not sure where your adjuster is (mine is in the centre under a flap on the new car, but was at the outside edge on my previous car).

Thanks, The adjuster is under the centre flap. Will adjust.

If you put your foot hard down you can tell the police you were testing it. I did it once in a Porsche at 136 according to the very nice police man who I told it had a pull to the right he let me off he was more interested on the car his opening words were I've always wanted a 911 turbo its real nice as a cab and in black. I offered him a go but he said no and let me off with just a telling off. I think sometimes they realis its a very fast car and capable of high stable speed and most are drove by people who can drive and love their cars. Sorry a bit off topic.

Archived